Importing WP Users & Assigning them to a product?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by jbildy, Nov 12, 2011.

1. jbildy

jbildy Member

I have imported WP users into Amember. But have assigned new passwords.

Ran db rebuild for core and wp.

Do I need to delete WP users and let Amember add them when people login?

I ask because there are a couple of things wrong...

I note the users in WP have a user role as 'none'. Even after running db rebuild.

I have the WP Integration in Amember set to 'subscriber'. So shouldn't they show up as 'subscribers' under 'role' in WP? Instead of 'none'?

Users in WP had a different password. When I imported them to Amember via csv I gave them the new passwords. Would this cause a conflict?

And heck... how do I assign all imported members to a product? Seems I can only do it one-by-one. They previously paid, so need to belong to a product. I have the product set up in Amember.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

John,
    Please see my reply in other threads. Contact me via email if you need help ;with mass subscribe before the end of the week.
    Mass subscribe will fix all these issues for sure. Btw, passwords will not be updated in wordpress as well if user does not have active subscription in aMember.
  3. jbildy

jbildy Member

Alex, I made a video showing old members how to reset their password.

Then logging in and going to Add/Renew Subscription where they can enter a 100% discount code to have an active subscription/membership. Some have done that, and it is adding them as a user in WP.