How to set up conversion tracking in Adwords

Discussion in 'Paid Site Marketing' started by dyndrive, Dec 18, 2010.

1. dyndrive

dyndrive New Member

I want to launch an Adwords campaign for my member site and wonder how to set up conversion tracking so I can separate campaign generated signups from the other signups. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. customcodegeek

customcodegeek Member

I think you just need to add the Adwords conversion script to the thank you page.

You wont need to seperate anything, google will know when a signup has clicked on one of your Adwords ads before getting to the thanks page because they would have tracked them via cookies as soon as they clicked one of your ads

[edit]. Just realised that this post was over a year old! Never mind, it's still relevant :)
    watchuktv likes this.
  3. heydarian

heydarian New Member

Whats the URL for the Thank you page?
  4. alexhudson

alexhudson New Member

Conversion tracking through ad-words won't give you much of working effort. You might possibly be focusing at search engine optimization of your website design service site if you would really like to have good results.
  5. justinw03

justinw03 New Member

It's better if you split test your ads with the ones that you are looking to test. Make sure you use various trackers to track your conversions and then maybe you can come to a conclusion as to which offers gives you the better ROI.
  6. kppanday

kppanday New Member

Add conversion code on Thank You page