How to prevent duplicate recurring subscriptions?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sportswar, Jan 17, 2014.

1. sportswar

sportswar New Member

Hi, folks -- searched the forums, and didn't see the answer to this one.

I've got a site with a recurring monthly subscription and aMember 4.3.2 (haven't upgraded yet -- we're in the process of testing out the upgrade on our dev site).

Some of our users, with a recurring subscription, are signing up again for a duplicate recurring subscription. They get double-billed, and we get emails. How can I prevent this?

Before you answer "disable ordering of the subscription if they already have it" .... yes, I can do that, but we also have users who have cancelled recurring billing and who prefer to renew manually each month. If we disable ordering of the product if they already have it, then those who wish to renew prior to expiration won't be able to ... and we'll get emails.

aMember3, to my recollection, handled this gracefully and wouldn't allow duplicate recurring subscriptions. But since we upgraded to aMember4, we're starting to have this problem.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there something in the config to disable ordering of a recurring product if they already have it?

Thanks, -- Will