How to limit products on signup based on existing membership level

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by horvatht, Feb 27, 2017.

1. horvatht

horvatht New Member

Been scratching my head over this one--I have three membership levels and offer discounts on renewals (not auto renewal, just discount for previous customers). How do I limit the signup form to only display the appropriate products--i.e., bronze, gold and platinum members should only see the renewal prices for their own level, not the discounts for the other levels. I am using v. 5.1.8, and while I can customize a signup form for specific products, how do I make it so only the appropriate renewal product is displayed on the member's add/renew subscription page? Right now, the add/renew subscription button shows a dropdown to select from the different levels signup forms, and that is not the behavior I want.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I believe the best approach to achieve your needs is use 'Product Availability' options
    aMember CP -> Products -> Manage Products -> (edit)

product-availability.png
  3. halmaclean

halmaclean aMember Pro Customer

Definitely the product availability options - only available if user has current or expired membership to...

This is a very powerful part of the system, and allows you to show only the content the user is entitled to get.