How to change amember root name after already installing it

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by playpianoking, Dec 22, 2011.

1. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

My site used to be mysite.com/amember

I tried to follow forum instructions to change it to mysite.com/members

First, in mysite.com/amember I changed the directory root and typed in members. Then I went in FTP and change the amember folder name to members.

Now my site doesn't load:

Warning: require_once(/home/pianomin/public_html/mysite/amember/bootstrap.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pianomin/public_html/mysite/index.php on line 7

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pianomin/public_html/mysite/amember/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pianomin/public_html/mysite/index.php on line 7
  2. geag34

geag34 New Member

go to configuration>GLOBAL and click change root folder and key
  3. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

I'm saying that is what I did the first time and it messed up everything - I'm afraid to try again.

However, the first time I tried it, I changed the root folder name in global first, and then went into FTP and also changed the folder name before refreshing the site to see that it didn't work. Am I ONLY supposed to change it in the admin -> global and not change the folder name to match in FTP?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

What you have in your ste index.php ?
    I believe you have copy of amember's index.php here and it have "amember" hardcoded in it. Can you attach that file?