Help creating a csv file from vbulletin to import to amember

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by 2012funbox, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 2012funbox

2012funbox New Member

Is there anyone that can help me with how to create a csv file of my current vb members so that I can import them in to amember 4?

I have all the products set up and user groups.

Thanks so much.
  2. 2012funbox

2012funbox New Member

Ok, I found in the plug in for VB that it has the code to produce a CSV for us. Cool!

The code says

function get_users_for_amember(){
    global
    $db;
    $searchquery = "
    SELECT username, email
    FROM "
    . TABLE_PREFIX . "user AS user
    LEFT JOIN "
    .TABLE_PREFIX."usergroup AS usergroup USING (usergroupid)
    WHERE usergroup.adminpermissions = 0
    AND (user.amemberid <= 0 OR user.amemberid IS NULL)
    "
    ;
    return
    $db->query_read($searchquery);
    }

I Neeeed it to import these things... username, password, email, name last, name first

Can I just add that in the code?
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Most easier way is to open phpMyAdmin from your webhosting control panel, find vb_user table in your vBulletin database, and click "Export". However, there is a problem: aMember does not understand vB password format, so you will have to either:
    1 - reset passwords for all your vBulletin customers and email them new passwords;
    2 - do not import all of them. we can implement such a mode for vBulletin aMember plugin that it will create users by demand. When they first time enter username and password into aMember, aMember will check it against vBulletin database, and if correct, create such user in aMember. It is useful when you have a free forum with optional paid areas.
    3 - we planned to implement ability for aMember to recoginize imported third-party passwords (for example vBulletin passwords).

Please let me know what option looks more reasonable for you and we will help.
  4. 2012funbox

2012funbox New Member

Users by demand might be the best way. We have about 50 Founding members that need one product, vendors that have another product, and regular members that have the 3rd product.

If we just worked on Founding members that would be nice.
    That would give me 50ish members to work with for now to make sure all of this is working well.
    I hate that they will be locked out until we issue new passwords...but if that's the only way then we will have to do it.

Thank you sooo much for helping me.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Please submit a ticket, and we will send you modified vBulletin plugin tomorrow, with ability to create customers on demand.
  6. 2012funbox

2012funbox New Member

Oh cool. I will do that.

I will still need to export a cvs file to get the members I need, right? or will the plug in do that for me?