Great solution to an important need

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by ionsaliu, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

I was looking really hard for a solution to implement paid membership to certain areas of my website. I found aMember in the summer of 2007.

I want to be as sincere as possible.

I had some headaches in the very beginning. I saw other aMember customers experienced the same problems, especially payment automation — PayPal in my case. aMember responded in an very professional manner. They even turned into my webmater “assistants”. I gave them my login info and they made the corrections to the aMember script right at the site level! They did not abuse the privileges I gave them to my domain. Of course, I changed my ftp login info as soon as the job was done!

Then, in October 2007, aMember detected a few security holes in the script. They alerted all customers immediately. Again, a few headaches were inevitable. But this time the fix was much easier. I know of a few hackers who were successful at bypassing the script and download software freely from my FTP downloads. Now, looks like the walls are impenetrable!

Of course, aMember can still improve further. One thing I always recommended is better writing of the documentation. They need to find better English writers for the documentation. That way, lots of problems around aMember would disappear. Many problems are not real, but cases of simple misunderstanding.

Right now, I am anxiously waiting for the new version. I hope it is a 4.0 that is far easier to upgrade to, while keeping current configurations intact.

I strongly recommend aMember — great software to manage paid-membership to websites.

Ion Saliu,
    Member At-Large
    Download Most Unique Software
  2. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

Update

Actually, aMember hasn’t reached version 4.0 yet. Latest version: 3.1.4PRO. It is much easier to upgrade to. I haven’t encountered a single error during the upgrading or after. I believe the security is better, too. I have noticed far fewer attempts to “beat” the system at my site by you-know-who!

If new, don’t get discouraged by the English of the manual! The Help Desk is really good. The help is personalized and quite prompt. Perhaps they’ll find someone with better linguistic skills in Engklish! BRRRRRRRRAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, if you spend some time reading the manual you will have NO problem implementing this great site-protecting and e-commerce software package.

Ion Saliu,
    Member At-Large -
    Download Great Free Software