Drip content with aMember_remote WP

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by entangled, Mar 29, 2018.

1. entangled

entangled aMember Pro Customer

Hello,

Does anybody have the instructions in one place on how to setup drip content? I have checked the aMember doc and can not find anything and I have searched the Forums only to find bits and pieces.

I have aMember on one server and several aMember_remotes on different servers setup using .htaccess. This will be the first aMember_remote WP site I have setup and I want to drip the content too. At this time, I know nothing about aMember_remote WP and I know nothing about dripping content either. But, I am sure I am not the first to face this.

I want to drip a series of videos at a 1 video per week rate for a monthly fee using aMember_remote WP.

If anybody can give me (and the rest of the Forums) a crash course on setting this up, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig
  2. relapse

relapse Member

Hey Craig,

Did you get this sorted?
  3. entangled

Thanks for the reply ...

Not sure ... kind-of ... sort-of ... I am using aMember_Remote WP which is kind-of like the aMember WP plugin but not totally like it. I did find a problem using it with Safari, but the aMember team quickly fixed that.

I do have an protection "issue" ... I have been using Wordpress / Woocommerce for years to sell downloadable Media, mostly MP4s. When a file are uploaded using Woocommerce Add File, they are placed in /uploads/woocommerce_uploads which is .htaccess protected and yet the files still show up in the Media Library.

When I upload using Add Media, the files are uploaded to /uploads/year/month folders which are not .htaccess protected making them available with a direct access URL. The files have an Protection Enable box, but, it does not appear to be working at the file level ... works fine for a Page or Post.

There are a bunch of sites with functions.php code that moves / creates the Media Library in another place besides in /wp-content/uploads ... and then there are a bunch of sites that have "Hotlinking" code but, I have yet to get it to work right ... in the past, I was placing the Downloadable files above the www (webspace) but this creates a problem because the path w/file name needs to be known (typed in) making the Add Media or Add File buttons pretty much useless.

Do you have aMember WP plugin protected Media? If so, how are you protected it from direct access?

Thanks again,

Craig.
  4. relapse

relapse Member

Yes, I do use Amember to protect some of my content.

I embed the media on WP pages and protect them with the Amember plugin.

Which plugin are you using?

Drop me a link here and I will take a look.

Also, you could put the media in zip format, upload to a protected directory, then link to that media on a protected page.

Does that make sense?
  5. entangled

Yes, that makes sense, but, that ain't going to work ... I am wanting to drip MP4 streaming videos. Woocommerce handles the downloading of the files from the .htaccess protected folders.

I have been using aMember with aMember_remote for years on basic HTML with .htaccess protected sites. Last year, I paid for an aMember_remote WP plugin. This year, I am wanting to start using it.

This is an Adult site, so be forewarned.

https://www.fetishoasis.com = Woocommerce

https://www.fetishoasis.com/the-kitty-g-show/ ... aMember_remote WP plugin in "drip mode" ... you will see 1 video ... click on the Login Here! link ... you will be sent to SassyProductions ... login with demoguy / DemoGuy ... click on The Kitty-G Show link ... you will see 3 additional videos.

By simply viewing the Source, it is easy to get the videos' URLs ... The 1st dripped video's URL is:

https://www.fetishoasis.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Kitty-G-S01-E01.mp4

Since the MP4 is not in a .htaccess protected folder, it can be accessed directly. Again, Woocommerce puts the downloadable files into sub-folders within a .htaccess protected folder so they can not be directly linked to. The only way to download the files is through Woocommerce.

I need to do the same for the dripped content ... now granted, the only way someone can get the URL(s) is to make a purchase, but, once the URL(s) is known, they will have permanent access along with the ability to share (steal).

My "demo" is using aMember_remote WP shortcodes ... thinking about it, protecting the Page or Post will not solve the direct access problem either. Since I have not played with the aMember WP plugin, I am not sure if it will solve the issue either.

I think I need the aMember_remote WP plugin to protect at the file level or maybe I am just thinking too hard.
  6. relapse

relapse Member

Do you have a link to the aMember_remote WP plugin?

I do not think I have seen it before.

If you are referring to Amember Remote, it definitely protects at the file level:

https://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Amember_Remote
  7. entangled

I paid to have an aMember_remote WP plugin created/developed because I have a bunch of aMember_remote (.htaccess) sites that I want to turn into WP sites. Accordingly, the aMember_remote WP plugin doesn't act exactly like the aMember WP plugin.

SassyProductions.com is the aMember site. Bindher.com and BondageParade.com are aMember_remote sites (which are currently broken ... members can not sign in ... was working until a fix for aMember_remote WP was applied ... I just found this out today and have opened a Ticket ... the aMember_remote WP plugin was causing the sites to go into a loop but only when using Safari.)

FetishOasis.com, Bindher.com/wp/, and BondageParade.com/wp/ are the aMember_remote WP plugin sites.