Download Log

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by chucknorris, Mar 19, 2017.

1. chucknorris

chucknorris Member

In the latest version of aMember, when you log in to the admin dashboard it now shows a "Recent Activity" widget with a brief download log. For example:
    Recent Activity
    exampleuser downloaded file example.zip
    46 min ago

Where can we see an actual full download log so I can see if a user has been downloading files? I have some users that occasionally claim they never downloaded anything but there's no actual download log to verify their claim or not...

Thank you
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

You need to enable 'Limit Downloads Count' for at least one file,.You can set huge limit so it will be enough for any user.
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Files

file-download-setup.png

Then you will see new tab with Download Log within user profile in admin interface

file-download-log.png

Best Regards.
  3. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I see this has changed...I used to get a per user "file download" log, but now I only get the "recent activity" list on the home page. This is not very useful when I need to examine a particular user's activity that is more than a day old.
    Can you bring back the "file download" log to the user pages? or am I simply missing some new setting?
  4. caesar

We did not remove this feature. Recent Activity Widget is just additional feature (I hope useful one).

Please read my post above and follow guide within it. In short - You need to enable download limit for at least one file and then you will see this tab within user account.

Best Regards.
  5. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I did read your post and I checked to verify that I had done that already. It WAS working up until a recent update was installed. I have all files set to checkbox "enabled" - "60" downloads within "Month" during subscription period.

All I get on my user detail pages is: User Info - Payment/Access - Access Log - Mail Queue - Notes - Credit Cards - Tickets

Running ver 5.2.4
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  6. caesar