difference between ...

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by inea, Aug 12, 2016.

1. inea

inea New Member

Hello. What is the difference between the credits plugin and the self service module? They seem to pretty much have the same function. Thanks!
  2. steve_schwartz

steve_schwartz New Member

did you ever get an answer for this? I was thinking of buying one...
    also, didn't see the difference between self service module and the rewards points module.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Self service
    is ready to use solution. This module allows user to purchase credits and then spend credits to get access to products. You can setup everything in admin interface.

Credits plugin is intended for developers. It add credits to user account once he purchase configured product and provide API to debit/credit user credits balance. Developer can implement some custom solution based on it.
    Here is one example - sell tickets in built in helpdesk module
    http://www.amember.com/docs/How_to_sell_tickets_in_build_in_Helpdesk_module

Reward Points is also ready to use solution. It allow to give customer reward point once he purchase some product and then user can use this reward as discount for upcoming purchases.

Best Regards.
  4. man0n

man0n aMember Pro Customer

Self service plugin will discount taxes for European customers? In my case my company is from Europe and i need to charge taxes for the services but the most appropiate way is to get credit with taxes included and make accountable only the credit without taxes, some type of customers even located in Europe we dont have to charge taxes, to do that we should check it with VIES if it have a intracommunity VAT.

Regards