Custom message plugin/modification

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by twholycross, Apr 30, 2011.

1. twholycross

twholycross Member

I would like to have an additional action available to admin that would allow me to enter a custom message for an individual subscriber (or single message for a group of subscribers based on product type) that would appear/print to any protected page that I put a call for it. It would need a delete function similar to deleting products. Having it on member.php makes sense but my subscribers often bypass this page and login straight to the content, which I let them do. Having it as a php include or similar that could be dropped into any page ,non-amember included is what I was thinking. I am not smart enough to create this so I am looking for somebody to help or hire.

This function will allow me to communicate to individual users or entire groups of users without using email. I can use it for technical notifications, industry news, cross sales, up sales etc.

Anyone interested please let me know

TW
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

If you will not find someone, feel free to contact us in helpdesk for a quote.
  3. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Hey TW!

Are you using Wordpress? There are a variety of ways to use amProtect with Wordpress to accomplish your goals. Typically you would create a Dashboard page with an area on it for the message from the admin where you could have your latest video, news or whatever.

Please tell me a little more about what you're going for and how your content is laid out.
  4. twholycross

twholycross Member

Kengary,

No wordpress here. I know this would be a valuable addition to amember...at least for me anyway. Thanks for your help.

TW
  5. rked

rked New Member

Is this yet possible via plugin?
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

No, there is no such feature implemented.
  7. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

I think I do remember seeing in a changelog that this feature is now available with the notification plugin. Something about using it with a javascript snippet.

I've been searching and can't seem to find the instructions for accomplishing this. Does anyone know where to find instructions?
  8. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

Nevermind - it's on the plugin config page in aMember admin!