Custom content

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by comptech520, Nov 12, 2011.

1. comptech520

comptech520 New Member

Hi,

I have some custom pages that I have in the same folder as aMember. When I go to access those pages I get a 404 error.

Any ideas?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

If you have files in the same folder as amember then the .htaccess file will probably try to redirect them to where they are not!

Think you will find it is better to have aMember in its own folder unless of course they are intended to suppliment aMember in some way. If not then there is no need to put them in the aMember folder.
  3. comptech520

comptech520 New Member

The thing is with aMember is that I use it for a login script. I manage the logins, protect the content and manage the users.

With v3, I have aMember and my content in the same folder.

Do you think its wise to do differently with v4?
  4. comptech520

comptech520 New Member

I don't want the user to have access to anything from amember. I create accounts manually and give them access. Thats how my service is setup.
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Bad idea to combine aMember content and your own site content in V3, plus totally unnecessary. With V4 aMember seems to use the same 'landing page' for most, if not all, operations and then redirect requirements to the appropiate controller so including your own content in aMember folder is frought with problems. For a start you would have to add redirects to your pages/products.

With aMember V3, using it the way described you would be better, I think, having your own content in its own folders which are in turn protected by aMember. If you only want aMember to control logins then it is easy enough to only allow your members access to a login form. Everything else is hidden from them.