CSS - WORDPRESS - I need to drop make the 'Lost Password' box below instead of side by side.

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by underwear, Feb 13, 2012.

1. underwear

underwear Member

Hi there.

The theme I'm using doesn't have enough space to accommodate both of the side by side 'Member Login' and 'Lost Password' boxes on my 'Sign In' page.

They are overlapping pretty bad when viewed at full size. And even worse when viewing it on a mobile device. The theme we chose is a 'reactive' theme that resizes all the divs for all elements to adjust and fit.

I did change the CSS on my own by editing the amember.css file. However, the changes I made messed with the 'Sign up' page/layout and doesn't look right at all.

The best thing to do would be to drop the 'Lost Password' div/box below the 'Member Login' box and I would like to know how/where/what file to edit to do so, and not mess with any of the other functions and layout of the site with the aMember plugin that is working just fine.

Here's a direct link to the 'Member Page' @ http://underwearsociety.com/amember/profile

And a screenshot of what's going on.

Thanks again!

Bryan

us_member_page.jpg
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Copy /amember/application/default/views/login.phtml to /amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/default/ folder and modify it as you need.
    For example change class of <div class="am-coll-right">
  3. underwear

underwear Member

Thank you. That worked great. I just took out the "am-coll-right" and left it as a plain div for both the left and right divs. Then went in and changed the width of each of the input fields for my forms so that it would look right when viewing the site on an iPad or iPhone (or whatever device). I did those changes inline. I don't know if that's the best practice. If you have any other suggestions as to how I could handle it better, that would be great. Otherwise, thank you for the direction/help.