Creating a new product tied to a previous subscriptions trial period.

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by murat, Sep 4, 2012.

1. murat

murat New Member

I have a product with 1-Week trial and "re-bills monthly until cancelled".

Is there anyway that I can set up a second product that can be available only if the customer is in the 7-day trial of the first product?

It shouldn't be available after the 7th day of the purchase date of the first product!

Thank you,
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Use incremental content. Its built in in v4, for 3.x you'll need to order the plugin.

David
  3. murat

murat New Member

Hi David,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have reviewed the videos about incremental content, it won’t work for me.

What I need is to make my Product #2 available only if the customer is in the 7-day trial of the product #1, which has a one week trial and re-bills monthly until cancelled.

When I setup Product #2 in aMember, only option I have is to select the option: "To order this product user must have an: ACTIVE subscription for Product #1"
    I need to be able to set it to "First 7 days of ACTIVE subscription for Product #1"

If I am to use the incremental content, I have to setup the Product #2 to not available to anyone or everyone!

What do you think?

Thank you again,
  4. davidm1

I think you need to use incremental content on product #1, use a trial period and recurring period on that.
    What is product #2 for? It doesnt sound like its needed.

David
  5. murat

murat New Member

We provide education through webinars.

Product #1 is the basic level with 1 week trial, after one week the recurring payments are $179 a month.

We also offer an upgrade to an extensive education called Product #3, it's $3299 for two months only.

If people decide to sign up for the extensive education within the trial period of Product #1 (within the first 7 days), we offer them a $300 discount, I called it Product #2, $2999.

So, if they want to upgrade to the extensive education within the first 7 days, Add/Renew Subscription button should show them Product #2, after they pass the 7 days, Product #3 should be available to them.
  6. davidm1

I see.The built in amember renew system doesnt have this feature, so I use the incremental content system in amember, along with a custom renewal link to display such timed offers.

David