Can't Save Emails in Configuration > Emails area

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by microlinx, Apr 1, 2017.

1. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I have noticed that I can not save edits to existing email messages in the configuration > emails area. The save button appears, but clicking it does nothing. When I reopen the email, all edits are lost...presumably because they were never saved. This is happening with the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. I'm pretty sure Edge will do the same.

aMember is getting rather buggy these days. Also lost ability to search on email address using the upper right search box. Cleared cache and cookies and that part started working again.
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

After each upgrade you always need to clear browser cache etc ... as browsers try and be more clever they bugger up things too ... one thing to watch out for is if you have browser extensions, especially with FireFox, they can cause really weird behaviour.
  3. microlinx

Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried and probably did so dozens of times since the last upgrade. I also rebooted several times. I run AVG, but I can't see how that would cause this problem.
    I don't run any ad blockers or browser extensions.

The only place I have issues is when they use the AJAX (or whatever it is) pop up window where the background is greyed out and the pop up window is highlighted. The cancel button works. The save button only does the "on click" state change but no action.
    I don't see that used in too many other places. Other edit areas like the forms editor or product config or email message config all work fine, but then again, they don't use that fancy pop up card.

If it was a problem with my browser, I would not be able to edit these forum messages (and I just did) The edit of these messages uses a very similar popup box method. Looks like a compatibility bug to me. I am using the latest version of the aforementioned browsers.

Just to clarify, this is happening in the following area:
    Setup/Configuration > Email > any email template you try to edit.

Thanks for the reply...
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I guess some security extension on either your server or WP block requests (mod_security/wordfence).

Do you mind to contact us in helpdesk?
    https://www.amember.com/support

We will troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards.
  5. microlinx

I do not use Wordfence, but I do use Cloudflare. Can't see why that would cause any issue like this.
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You need to disable Rocket Loader within your Cloud Flare account. It fix this issue for sure.

Best Regards.