Cant Login to Admin after fresh Setup

Discussion in 'Installation' started by goochaaa, Nov 30, 2013.

1. goochaaa

goochaaa New Member

Hello everyone.

I just installed amember on my new Website. Iam new to this "complete" amember thing.

My Problem is - i cant login into my Admin Section, after setting up everything successfully.

If i go to "http://www.mysite.de/admin-setup after installing - the mask appears - to login as admin.

If i enter "admin" and "pass" as set up earlier - NOTHING happens. not even an error message appears.
    I read now alot about that problem - and no one got any solution.

I read earlier this day that there is any "adminfix.php" but i dont know where to get or to find that one.
    I also read that it could be an htaccess error and that i need to "rewrite" it, but if i open that file - theres nothing i could "even" lookout to get rewritten..
    Is anyone in shape to get me some help with that? - i would even give this person cause of an emty Project the Url / admin log and FTP Logins - iam really a little satisfied about this "solution" here

Pls Help..

Goochaaa amember_admin.png amember_setup2.png amember_setup3.png
  2. goochaaa

goochaaa New Member

theres still an idea i got - but i dont know if thats the problem -> no .htpasswd file in any folder - does amember dont need those? And why is it not written then, after Setup who should create those..
  3. goochaaa

goochaaa New Member

iam really confused about that here... :D
  4. codelizard

codelizard New Member

Same exact issue here. Looking for a solution.
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

A lot of FTP programs hide .htaccess files by default so this may be the reason for not seeing them.

adminfix.php was for V3 and allowed the admin password to be reset. V4 has a lost password link on the admin login page. Have you tried that?

aMember uses javascript, if you have that turned off you will get no error messages.
  6. codelizard

codelizard New Member

The login is working. In the log table, I see the valid logins. When I put in a bad password, I get the bad password error. The issue is, each time i log in a new session entry is created. But no cookie for the site ends up on my pc. If it doesnt write a cookie, how can it keep the session? Each time i login, i just get the prompt again.
  7. variety_commerce

variety_commerce New Member

The username is admin by default, and the password is whatever you set it as during installation. If no mistakes, and after entering in the password correctly, you should be able to log in.
  8. drivenfitnesscenter

drivenfitnesscenter New Member

I'm running into the same issue. I've tried every single possible combination of usernames and passwords but it won't let me log in on the administrator side.
  9. hilary

hilary aMember Pro Customer

This sounds like something you should take to the helpdesk. They don't promise individual support here at the forums, but the helpdesk is excellent.
  10. dmiller999

dmiller999 New Member

Is there a known solution here? I sent a support ticket at Helpdesk but I am wondering if we can post one here for anyone else looking so that they don't have to send support tickets as well.
  11. geotek

geotek New Member

Same Thing here: Fresh installation completed but can't login. No PHP errors, password must be correct but if I enter anything else I am told that that the password is wrong :-(
  12. normand71

normand71 New Member

13. tarp_mike

tarp_mike New Member

14. rimkafly

rimkafly New Member

me too...
  15. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

There is some issue with PHP sessions I guess. Please contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support) and we will troubleshoot your installation.
  16. keasty

keasty New Member

17. ksmith

ksmith New Member

18. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

I seem to have similar issue.
    I am trying to migrate to a new Hosting site server, installing much newer version of Amember (4.7.0). I have finally gotten to the page 4/5 of Setup, which means good access to the MySQL database, and then it suggests next step is to login as Amember Administrator
    "Please review the following (You may want to bookmark this page): Admin page (aMember Control Panel)"

But when I go there, it rejects the username and password that I set up on page 1 of the Setup process. And trying to ask it for a password reset, it claims to not know either the username "admin" nor the email that I entered on page 1 of the Setup process, so cannot reset the login credentials. Error: "The user name or password is incorrect"
    Very frustrating that it either forgets between page 1 and page 5, or that there is some other requirement which is not listed.
    I have multiple times now emptied the db, recreated db users, re-tried the Amember setup from Step 1 several times. No different result. Still stuck at Admin Login failure.
    FYI, I reported this in a trouble ticket to Tech Support (on Friday), but have not received any suggestion nor steps on how to fix this Admin Login issue. Granted it was the second of two issues I listed in the tech report, and they did answer the first question, just not the login error part.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  19. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Run this check script anywhere .. I don't know if it is 100% accurate yet WIP. Unzip in your web root and run it.

Attached Files:

20. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

Thanks jenolan [aMember coder] , for the check script, I will give that a try.
    No word back from tech support ticket yet ...

php check script Results:
    [xxxxxxxx@cp ~]$ php amember-check.php
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysqli.so' - libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/pdo_mysql.so' - libmysqlclient.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP version >= 5.3.0: FAIL
    mcrypt module installed: FAIL
    pdo module installed: OK
    gettext installed: OK
    shell_exec function enabled: OK
    curl function enabled: OK
    Magic Quotes disabled: OK​

So, two "Fails". But the php version fail is strange, because I have a control panel setting which specifies PHP 5.4
    PHP: ON
    Built-in extensions: .php, .php3, .phps, .php5
    PHP Mode: php_php54 (php_fastcgi54)​

I will be forwarding the check script and the results to Tech support at my new hosting site.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016