Cannot get support to respond

Discussion in 'Installation' started by lginger99, Apr 28, 2015.

1. lginger99

lginger99 Member

Hello,

I have an upgrade out and paid for on amember4 and have been using the ticket system. The emails I send are now suddenly not going through, but they are showing on the support desk. I just don't think anyone is looking at them.

It's very frustrating because I'm in the US and with the time zone difference I usually am waiting 20 hours to hear back along with now not even getting a reply due to email bounces. However, the tickets are there so you guys should be able to see them.

Can you please check on these tickets?

Thanks,

Lisa P.
  2. lginger99

lginger99 Member

I just sent another one to reply to the last one, but again, you don't seem to be reading the emails as they come so I'm writing again here.

Unfortunately, when you guys told me to upgrade to php 5.3, then the old amember stopped running. I'm sure you were aware that would happen. However no one mentioned that. So we spent 4 hours moving the entire site and getting it to run properly on a different server. So now the site is on the original server with php 5.3 and all ready for you to help with the upgrade on. You just need to change your 'hosts' file as I mentioned in the support desk.

The site everyone else sees is running php 5.2 and works. Please don't mess with that one. My course costs a lot so my members get really upset when they can't access it (as what happened yesterday).

If you would be willing to finish the install before going that would be great.

Thanks,

Lisa
  3. lginger99

lginger99 Member

Thanks for replying. Again, I'm not certain you're finding my tickets unless I post here. You told me to check the amember4 admin, but never gave me a username or password. All the obvious ones (like my old login info) and admin/admin are not working. I would really like to get this going without waiting another 20 hours just to find the login info. Please let me know if possible so I can at least check this today.

Lisa
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Lisa,
    Login/password was included in the message which was sent by Andrey:
    Admin Username : admin
    Admin Password : the same as before

Please check latest reply in helpdesk to see exact values.
  5. lginger99

lginger99 Member

Thanks for sending it.

Everything looks good, thank-you. Please finish the install. Please remember you will need to change your 'hosts' file.
  6. lginger99

lginger99 Member

Thanks for doing this, I do have a question about the infusionsoft plugin.

If I set this up so customers pay on an infusionsoft payment page then they are tagged and have access to my course. However, my course is for a 12 month subscription. Is there a way to get the tagged removed automatically after 12 months? I cannot manually remove all the tags.

If someone signs up through amember for my free trial they get access to a shorter version of the course in a different folder than the paid version. They already have a username and password assigned to their email address.

Now what happens when they go buy from infusionsoft payment page? Does amember give them a new username and password for their email address? Or does it know not to do that and they get to keep the old username and password they signed up with?

Thanks,

Lisa
  7. alexander

Lisa,
    You should configure this in your InfusionSoft account. Once tag will be removed in account, access will be removed in amember too.

aMember will update existing accounts. (Will do this by email address)
  8. lginger99

lginger99 Member

You said, "aMember will update existing accounts. (Will do this by email address)".

So every time they order a new product they will be sent a new username and password? That would mean they would get a new one when going from the demo to the real course. Also if they enroll for 12 months and then later add on another 12 month subscription.

Can the system be set up to recognize that there is already an email address with login info and then not change the username and password. Like if new subscriber create the login info, if a subscriber already exists then don't change it (maybe just send out another email confirming the previous username and password).

That would be better for everyone (or if that's what it already does please let me know). I'm assuming having 1shoppingcart before amember works the same way. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Lisa
  9. alexander

It already works this way.
    Plugin will try to find user by email address and if there is such user in aMember, his existing account will be updated, if there is no such user new account will be created and assigned to corresponding contact ID in infusion.
  10. lginger99

lginger99 Member

Thanks Alex, I'm still having a few problems with the integration. It takes a really long time for the sign up information to go from Infusionsoft to amember. Is there a way to speed this up?

Thanks,

Lisa
  11. alexander

Please post a follow up to your ticket in helpdesk, provide aMember CP and ftp info I will check this.
  12. lginger99

lginger99 Member

I did post a helpdesk ticket about 12 hours ago. They are always there in your helpdesk, but no one sees them which is why I've had to post here too. All that info is there as you guys installed it recently.