Cancellations problem after upgrading to PayPal Express Checkout

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by ryanbsmith, Feb 15, 2016.

1. ryanbsmith

ryanbsmith Member

I submitted a support ticket with this info, but thought I'd post here as well in case anyone has run into the same issue.

I have been using PayPal Standard with aMember since 2008. PayPal called me last week and asked why I was using Standard instead of Express Checkout. With their help, I updated my PayPal payment settings to include the API username, password and signature.

Subscriptions work, but cancellations are now a problem. When a subscriber tries to cancel from their profile, they get this message:

"Transaction was not cancelled. Got error from paypal: Invalid profile ID"

I have had several customers email me with this problem. One went into his PayPal account and cancelled from there, and it does show as cancelled in aMember.

After looking into this more, I realized that there is a separate PayPal Express payment plugin. I had added my API information to the PayPal Standard plugin. I tried deleting my API information and saving, but after the page refreshed that information was still there, so it doesn't appear that I can delete it.

I assume that I can't have both PayPal payment plugins active, since they use different IPN URLs. I would like new customers to use Express Checkout, but not have it affect recurring subscriptions from old customers who registered with PayPal Standard. I don't know how to handle this. Thank you for your help.
  2. frybread

frybread Member

Same issue here.

"Transaction was not cancelled. Got error from paypal: Invalid profile ID"