Can I do this with aMember?

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by brunopt, Aug 30, 2019.

1. brunopt

brunopt aMember Pro Customer

I'm not sure if I can do this with amember or if I need a different solution.

Let's say I have a product that's a monthly PDF report. Users can subscribe at any point in time with 2 options - monthly payments or anual payments.

The monthly report is released every month in the same day (for the sake of example, let's say 5th day of each month, so August 5th, September 5th, October 5th, and so on).

My goal is - for example - that if a user that pays on a monthly basis subscribes on August 10th he has access to:

- ONLY the August report (and not the backissues; these will be sold separately),

- he will only have access to the September report on September 10th (when he renewals his monthly membership) and NOT on September 5th when it's officially released.
    Otherwise, with one membership the user would have access to two issues instead of one. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

Is this possible to accomplish with amember? If so, how?

Thank you.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I am afraid it is not possible to do out of the box but it is possible to implement plugin that do the following:
    - add new setting to file: publish date
    - grant access to this file only if
    * user has payment to product in same month as publish date of your file
    * or his access period cover whole month of publish date (case of annual subscription)

Please contact us in helpdesk if you are interested:
    https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.
  3. brunopt

brunopt aMember Pro Customer

Thank you Caesar, good to know I can keep using aMember for it.
    When I move ahead with the product, I'll contact you in the helpdesk.
    caesar likes this.