Any solutions to Accept Online Mobile Payments with Mobile Billing?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by stallen, Nov 6, 2013.

1. stallen

stallen New Member

Anyone know of any solutions similar or the same as advertised on the link below that can be used with Amember? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.boku.com/merchants/

Thanks,

Steve
  2. guy1

guy1 Member

I've spent some time looking myself Steve. There is lots going on to grab the mobile payments market, especially in Asia. Boku look like they have some very good coverage but I've not investigated their costs yet. I have been quoted some big up front costs for signing up to some of these guys, the cost of being an early adopter perhaps because I'm sure that won't continue.

I'm wondering if Alexander has done any integration plugins to mobile payment operators as yet.
  3. stallen

stallen New Member

Hi guy1/Alexander,

Did you ever get any further information on this? I am still struggling to find the right one for me.

Thanks,

Steve
  4. guy1

guy1 Member

Hi Stallen. From my perspective the biggest issue is that the market is still in its early days and if you want to connect to mobile account payments you are likely to need high volumes to attract an independent merchant. There is an open standard being developed and launched in Europe / Canada across the major mobile operators whilst Asia has some headway but only if your app is loaded onto one of the mobile operators own app stores as far as I have experienced. Doing it all independently isnt there yet but the best way might be to research the current situation with mobile operators in your market space and see what developer partnerships and initiatives there are. The cost of developing a gateway will be an insignificant cost compared to what the mobile operators will want you to sign up to send their way in terms of earnings.
    Good luck.
  5. stallen

stallen New Member

Thanks for the reply guy.