aMember v.4 Showing Paid but 2co Showing Unpaid

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by invictus, Dec 1, 2011.

1. invictus

invictus Member

I have recently set up aMember 4 and integrated 2checkout plugin for payments.

I have a user who signed up and tried to pay using 2checkout, but his Visa card was rejected by 2checkout.

aMember is showing this order as paid when in fact it was not paid. The invoice got created inside 2checkout, but payment was never secured.

The user was provided membership access because aMember reflected the order status as paid.

How can I fix this so that aMember does not mark an order as paid unless the payment is confirmed by 2checkout?

This happened when using 4.1.7 (latest version at the time).
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is an unique problem of 2Checkout - they review payments manually.
    They handle payment, send postback that payment has been paid, send customer e-mails, etc.. aMember handles it and marks payment as completed.
    Then, after 5-20 minutes (!) they either accept payment or reject it.

If you wish, we can implement a setting to 2Checkout plugin that it will not deliver subscription until it gets fraud review results. It will create a lot of customer negative reaction. Depending on the products you sell it may be acceptable or not. Your decision.
  3. invictus

invictus Member

Hi alex, you are absolutely right... that was the problem.

The order was cleared and now the payment is ok, but if any payment got rejected by 2co fraud review then the customer would already have the goods and we would be without payment.

I have not been using 2checkout long enough to see how many of my orders they are going to flag and review. If it happened a lot and enough of the payments got rejected then a function like you suggested would be handy. For now I will simply keep things as they are and see how it goes.

One question - what happens in aMember if a payment gets rejected by 2co fraud review - does it notify aMember so that aMember can mark it unpaid and suspend the account, or does that need to be done manually?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Payment will be voided automatically, you don't need to refund it manually.
  5. invictus

invictus Member

Ok then I think it's good the way it is now.

Thanks for the info.