aMember Pro version 4.0.3 released (dev beta)

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by alex, Sep 5, 2011.

1. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Dear Customer,

We have finally released version 4.0.3 (development beta). Most notable changes are:

• New Affiliate Program module - you must see it
    • new affiliate program will now be recording "leads". So, for any referred customer, you will know what banner or link he clicked, and when hi first came to your website.
    • you can upload affiliate banners, marketing materials, and lightboxes(!) right from admin interface
    • flexible, rule-based affiliates commission configuration possible. You can define commission based on product, affiliate sales last month, and on other parameters.
    • do not ask for configured signup form bricks for some payment processors - not yet enabled, but cool feature. If we know we will receive customer name from payment processor, name fields will be hidden in signup form, and automatically filled-in after payment. This makes signup form shorter, and this always increase sales.
    • create user/invoice/payment based on transaction (if enabled for payprocessor) - well known and popular v3 feature is now implemented for v4
    • profile form - email confirmation required before the e-mail address is changed in profile
    • admin interface can be completely translated to foreign languages
    • multi-currency handling - even if you selling in different currencies, you define exchange rates to date, and you will get correct reports in "base currency"
    • implement partial refunds
    • Export option implemented - on bottom of grid, click "Export" link and you can receive data in CSV or XML format - for all table, or for filtered dataset - on your choice
    • allow access after expiration - for any content item (see "Manage Content") you can set expiration date to "forever". In this case customer will have access to the item, even when his subscription expires.
    • languages/localization fixes - v4 is now ready for translation
    • import new e-mail templates on upgrade - e-mail templates for modules are stored in xml files and imported on setup. Additional modules may define its own e-mail templates.
    • automated upgrade/plugin installer - aMember Pro has now automated upgrade system like one implemented in Wordpress. This will make site maintenance lot easier.

Please watch for our progress here in this forum, or via twitter: @cgicentral . We expect to provide downloadable beta version this month.

Try it online at http://register.demo.amember.com/ (existing installations are updated to new version)
  2. jenrun

jenrun New Member

Awesome, Alex!!! Thank you!! :)
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Thank you for the update Alex and the continued efforts of your team.
  4. scottlott

scottlott Member

Your software is the engine of my business. Digital product delivery has really never been easier. A+ job to Alex and everyone else behind the scenes.
  5. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Member

Alex, any idea when we can download and install on our own servers?
  6. bscopes

bscopes New Member

Hey Alex!!

That's GREAT news!!

Any luck on getting oAuth functionality in this release?
  7. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

8. educanet

educanet New Member

Hi Alex,

Excellent work, I been playing in demo V4 and works fine, clean interface, nice functionallity, I will definetvly migrate to new version as soon its done.

Question; Are you planing any template for mobile devices?

Question; Althought I have read on other post that developing plugins is pretty simple and fast, any plans for Moodle Plugin in V4?
  9. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

Will you offer migration services from old system to the new? I don't want to mess up anything ins transition.
  10. alex

Thank you!
    Definitely, as v4 supports themes, it is very easy to make mobile theme and implement automatic switching. Will do that by next major release (4.2)
    Anyone can vote for this feature here: http://bt.amember.com/issues/384

Regarding Moodle plugin - it will be definitely ported to v4, but I cannot give exact time-frame right now.
  11. alex

Sure. In fact, migration script is already exists (named amember/admin-import3 ) but it requires a lot of manual attention from us, so it cannot be recommended to anyone. Right now v4 is recommended for new websites, also migration is not a problem for sites with not-recurring billing and for sites using PayPal Website Payments.
  12. rfranta

rfranta Member

I have a newer site I am planing on taking live in the next 30 days, is this new version stable enough to run in production? Naturally it would be much easier for me to launch on teh new software than to have to upgrade in a month or two.

Your thoughts?
  13. krhaynes

krhaynes New Member

Great job on the new site design! I'm wondering if XenForo will be available as an integrated plugin in v4 anytime soon?
  14. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

rfranta,
    Yes if it is new project. It already works on few websites and so far everything is working as it should. (We use it on our site btw)
    krhaynes,
    We have such plugin already. Contact us in helpdesk if you are interested.
  15. alex

+1 to Alexander words, v4 is right choice for new website. We do not recommend it yet for upgrading existing installations.
  16. sharonmc2010

sharonmc2010 New Member

I couldn't tell from the earlier posts if there is a service available to have V4 downloaded - I'm not comfortable doing this one myself. Can someone let me know?
  17. alex

Yes, you can renew your subscription (if you order aMember Pro license already) and v4 will be available for you in members area. Or are you asking about installation service? It is available for new customers. Migrating of existing v3 sites is not yet available.
  18. randolph

randolph New Member

Alex:
    When is the final V4 release date?
  19. alex

On this week if no serious bugs found.
  20. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

attempting to upgrade an amember 3.x site to the latest 4.x and during the process I was told to go to upgrade_db.php in the admin folder.

Only problem there is no admin folder included with the 4.x download?