cd-fulfillment.com integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by skippybosco, Apr 16, 2007.

1. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

We provide an option for our users to receive a CD of their online electronic materials for use offline or in situations where they have limited online access. We have 2 products set up (with different prices) one for online only and one for online + CD.

cd-fulfillment.com allows us to outsource the fufillment process by providing them with an image (ISO or ZIP) of the content ahead of time on a product by product basis and they will burn, label and ship the CD for us.

You can certainly request a CD to be shipped by manually submitting the details via their web site, but they offer full automation by calling a custom URL or sending a specially formatted email.

My question: is it possible for us to have an email sent (to an email specified ahead of time and using a special template) for specific products (ie. the products we identify as needing a CD shipped) or for Amember to do a server side web service call to a URL with custom information specific to the order?

example URL:

http://www.a1tech.com/zshared/custdata.asp
    ?productID=0000
    &x_CD=true
    &CoLoginEmail=email@email.com
    &CoLoginPassword=123password
    &source=cdfulfill
    &mode=test
    &email=email@email.com
    &name=Customer Name
    &nprice=Price Paid
    &co=Customer Company Name
    &addr=Customer Address
    &city=Customer City
    &st=Customer State
    &zip=Customer ZIP
    &country=Customer Country
    &specialtext=Custom Text
    &invoice=Custom Invoice Number

example email:
    =========
    Invoice :
    Amount :
    productid :
    x_CD :
    source :
    mode :
    First Name :
    Last Name :
    Company :
    Address :
    City :
    State/Province :
    Zip/Postal Code :
    E-Mail :
    SpecialText :
    =========

I think the tricky part here is only doing it for specific products?
  2. skippybosco

I spent some time trying to integrate this into a plugin using the Amember plugin template but probably best to leave this to the experts (Alex?) .. some challenges I encountered are:

1) have to derive whether this is a CD order or not. Would need to set a standard or configuration option for text to include in product title to differentiate such as "+CD" or something similar
    2) Special Text, if used, would need to be configuration option

If Email option selected:
    1) Need to send an email with specially formatted content on subscription add trigger. Would need several fields as options (email to and from address, subject line, etc)
    2) Add error handling for email send fail, etc.

If URL option selected:
    1) Would need to format the URL (replacing spaces with "+", etc)
    2) Perform a http request to specially formatted URL
    3) Add error handling for email send fail, etc.
    --
    More info from the web site:
    To automate the CD-Fulfillment Process, you will need to make a few changes to your software, dvd, audio cd, or digital product order process:
    Add a checkbox or button to your order page that lets your user purchase your product with a order CD option. If you always sell your product on CD (music or other product), you'll be sending us information on each order.

When the order is complete, you will need to do one of two things:

Have your order process send a specially formatted email to our CD-fulfillment email box (example shown below)
    Have your order process call a specially formatted URL on our CD-fulfillment web site (example shown below). This is known as an http get or a callback url.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

How urgent is it?
  4. skippybosco

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply. For me it is urgent as it removes the last manual process that is required to run my site. When I travel and am unable to access my email for 12 hours (I do a lot of international travel) this means a day or 2 can go by before I am able to get a CD shipped for my customers <insert customer service issues here>..

For Amember, this integration allows online only providers selling software, music, photos, etc. to become a physical product sales shop with no inventory or effort aside from adding an extra plug in and signing up (for free) with cd-fulfillment.com.

I am not sure who all is interested in this kind of integration but I would be willing to fund part of the development costs and provide a testing bed for early testing.
  5. alex

Please contact us via helpdesk, I believe it can be done by reasonable price.
  6. olliejames

olliejames aMember Pro Customer

I am very much interested in this as well

Hi,

I have the same question, would be willing to participate in the funding as well.

I also would like the sending of dvd-cd linked to amember and outsourced to party like cd-fullfillment.com

tnks

Robert
  7. alex

Response is exactly the same.
  8. skippybosco

For what it is worth, I can not express how great it has been since this plug in has been implemented on my site. I get, at minimum, 2 extra hours sleep a night :)

Thanks again Alex
  9. sapcookbook

sapcookbook New Member

Hi skippybosco, we want to have this same customization implemented- can you send me the ticket # for the helpdesk? they're asking for this...thx

Jim
  10. skippybosco

Jim,

send me an email: my user name here on the forum @ hotmail.com and I'll get you squared away.
  11. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

I'm interested in the same solution.

I've tried contacting skippybosco via hotmail, but no response. :-(

Anyone know how I can get the cd-fulfillment plugin???
  12. skippybosco

@daniel_k1: Your email got trapped in junk mail (sorry!) Just responded.