Adding Product Categories
Products are added to categories. Hence you need to set up Product Categories first before you add products.
Viewing Existing Categories
- Login to the Admin Panel.
- Select "Product Categories" from the options on the left side of the screen.
- The "Categories" page will be displayed listing all existing products. You can view categories, edit categories, add categories and delete categories from this page.
Adding a Category
- Click on the "Add Category" button at the bottom of the Categories page.
- The Add Category pop-up window will be displayed.
Enter the following information in the fields provided.
- In the "Title" field, enter a name for the category.
- In the "Description" field, enter a description of the category of products being added.
- In the "Code" field, enter a code or click on the "generate" link to generate a code for the category. If code is present, products will be hidden in the shopping cart. To see them, you will need to manually add the category code to the cart url of each product page in that hidden category (It works like password) e.g., http://example.com/amember/cart/?c=CATEGORYCODE. Customer need to use such link (with category code) only once. aMember store this code in browser cookie and then always show products from this category to this customer.
- In the "Sort" field, enter the position at which you would like the category to appear. For example, if you would like the category to appear at the top of the "Categories" list, enter "1" in the sort field.
- Click on the "Save" button to add the new category. The category will be saved and will now be displayed in the "Categories" list.
Adding a Child Category
One you add a category, you can add child categories to it. A child category is a sub-category or sub-group.
To Add a Child Category
Click on the Add Child Category icon (see screenshot) on the "Categories" page.
The "Add Category" window will be displayed. This is the same window as the one that is displayed for adding categories. Enter the information for the child category and click the "Save" button.
The child category will be displayed in the categories list below the category it was added to.