PayPal Website Payments Standard Overview=
PayPal Website Payments Standard (referred to as PayPal for the remainder of this page)is a popular credit card processing service. It is an all inclusive solution; therefore, it does not require a separate merchant account. Paypal offers three types of accounts; Personal, Premier, and Business. aMember requires either the Premier or Business account.
Most of the aMember pricing flexibility (trail periods and recurring plans) and coupon usability is tied to the choice of payment processor. PayPal supports a high level of pricing/coupon flexibility since all products are built "on the fly" by the aMember softwaware.
aMember Setup / Configuration
Activate the PayPal payment plugin by following these steps:
- Click on the "Configuration" bar in the left panel
- Click on the "Setup/Configuration" button in the left panel
- Click on the "Plugins" button in the top menu
- Click on the arrow on the Payment Plugin drop down menu
- Click on "paypal"
- Click on the "Save" button
After the page is saved, the Setup/Configuration Plugins Page will reload and look like the page shown below.
- PayPal will now be listed in the "Payment Plugins" are as activated. To deactivate the PayPal plugin click on the "X"
- After making any changes on this page click on the "Save" button
From the on the Setup/Configuration Plugins Page, click on the "PayPal" button in the top menu and follow the following instructions.
- Payment System Title - This is the name of the payment processor that is displayed on the sales pages. This should be "PayPal"
- Payment System Description - This is the description of the payment processor that is displayed on the sales pages. You may change the default text as needed.
- Primary PayPal E-Mail Address - This must be the email that is registered with your Premier or Business PayPal account as the primary email.
- Is it a Sandbox (Testing) Account? - If the PayPal account is not live and is being used for testing, check this box.
- Alternative PayPal account emails - If you listed any alternative email addresses with you PayPal account, list them here. One email per line.
- Disable IPN Verification -
'''You should rarely have to check this box. If you do, it should be only for a temporary period.'''
- PayPal Language Code -
- Save -