Custom Signup Forms
aMember Pro allows easy editing of signup forms via aMember Cp -> Forms Editor. The visual form editor is very flexible and easy to use, and is quite enough for 99% of our customers.
How to build a custom signup form
- NOTE. This functionality is available from the 4.2.10 release and forward.
- Create a new file amember/application/default/views/signup/signup_my_custom.phtml with the following content
- Go to aMember Cp -> Forms Editor and create a new form for testing. Disable "username" and "password" bricks, as template does not contain these fields. In the "Template" field choose signup_my_custom.phtml. Save
- Open your new form. You will see the form generated by your new template. You can tweak the HTML code to display input fields in desired positions on the page.
Array values explained
To see contents of $frm variable, uncomment line
echo '<pre>'.htmlentities(print_r($frm, true)).'</pre>'; // dump elements to your review
- array value contains error message (if present) + the element input itself
- the error message
- the input element html code
- element label
- some elements are groups and contains other elements. Normally you do not have to worry about - aMember contactenates HTML for these child elements into parent element. However, in rare cases you may want to handle these elements individually.
If you want to go even further and modify input fields itself, you can use str_replace/preg_replace functions to modify ['htmle'] or ['html'] variables.