aMember allows you to protect pages so that they are only available to the subscribers of the product/category selected by you. Members who do not belong to the selected product/category will not be able to view the page.
Accessing Page Protection Options
- Select "Protect Content" from the options on the left side of the screen.
- The content protection page will be displayed. Click on the "Pages" button. The page protection setup page will be displayed.
Setting up a Page for Protection
Note: The fields marked with a red asterisk are required fields. You cannot create a new record without filling them.
- Click on the "New Record" button to set up a protected page.
- The New Record page is displayed where you can select the file to be protected and set up protection options.
- In the "File" field, you can select the file to be added in two ways:
- Upload a File - Click on the "Upload" button, select the file to upload and double click on it. The selected file will be uploaded and displayed as a link.
- Select an uploaded file - Click on the "Browse" button and select the file from the list of uploaded files that appears by clicking on it. The selected file will be displayed as a link.
- In the "Title" field, enter a name for the file you are setting up content protection for. This is the name that will be displayed to customers.
- In the "Description" field, enter a description of the file.
- In the "Access Permissions" field, choose products and/or product categories that can be rewitten or make access free to allow users to rewrite all folders by clicking on the "make access free" link.
- If you have chosen to set up access permissions, you will have to select the Products and/or Categories to provide access. Only the members belonging to the product/category selected here will have access to the selected file. To do this, click on the arrow button and select the product or category to provide access to. You can also select the duration for which you want to provide access using the hyperlinks for each product/category.
- The selected product/category will be displayed below the field. To remove access for the product/category, click on the [X] for that product/ category.
Click the "Save" button to save folder protection settings for the selected folder.