The Protect Folder option prevents users from rewriting a folder to a new folder.
Accessing Folder Protection Options
To access folder protection options:
- Select "Protect Content" from the options on the left side of the screen.
- The content protection page will be displayed. Click on the "Folders" button. The folder protection setup page will be displayed.
Setting Up Folders to be Protected
Note: The fields marked with a red asterisk are required fields. You can create a new record without filling them
1. Click on the "New Record" button to protect a folder. 2. The New Record page is displayed where you can select the folder to be protected and set up protection options. 3. In the "Title" field, enter a name for the folder you are setting up content protection for. This is the name that will be displayed to customers. 4. In the "Path to Folder" field, click on the "Browse" hyperlink and select the folder which needs to be protected. When you select the folder, the path will be automatically inserted into this field.
5. In the "Folder URL" field, enter the web address where your folder is located. Click on the "open in new window" link to test your link. The link will be displayed in a new browser window.
6. The "Protection Method" is pre-populated and cannot be changed as the "new rewrite" is the only protection method available for folders.
7. In the "Access Permissions" field, choose products and/or product categories that can be rewitten or make access free to allow users to rewrite all folders by clicking on the "make access free" link.