Account Sharing Prevention
The Account Sharing Prevention option allows you keep a control on users signing up for one account and sharing it between different individuals. When users sign up for one account and share it between different individuals, it results in your company is losing out on the subscription fee that you could have got from the other individuals. Hence, it is very important to keep a control on this.
aMember keeps track of each user's IP as they log in. The same user cannot be at multiple IPs at the same time unless under extraordinary circumstances. Such an occurence usually indicates that the account is being shared.
Enabling Account Sharing Protection
- Login to the Admin Panel.
- Select "Setup/Configuration" from the options on the left side of the screen. See Setup/Global for more information on how to do this.
- Click the "Login Page" button.
- 4. The "Setup/Configuration: Login Page" page is displayed.
- 5. Go to the "Account Sharing Prevention" field.
In this field, you can specify the number of IPs within a particular time period after which a user will be limited from using the account. When there are multiple logins for the same account within the specified time period, you can select whether to disable the account or email admin regarding the account sharing.