Zend - The session has already been started. Error

Discussion in 'Installation' started by ksmith, Dec 6, 2014.

1. ksmith

ksmith New Member

Right after installation, I try accessing any part of aMember and I get the error message "Uncaught exception 'Zend_Session_Exception' with message 'The session has already been started. The session id must be set first.'". I've tried a few things an haven't been able to figure out where the cause of this error is. I even tried redoing the installation, but got the same result. The hosting company is Bluehost. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's the full error message

[06-Dec-2014 21:36:26 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Session_Exception' with message 'The session has already been started. The session id must be set first.' in /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/Zend/Session.php:667
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/Zend/Session.php(426): Zend_Session::setId('32057320e6617a6...')
    #1 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/Zend/Session/Namespace.php(143): Zend_Session::start(true)
    #2 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/Am/Di.php(315): Zend_Session_Namespace->__construct('amember_auth')
    #3 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/sf/sfServiceContainer.php(184): Am_Di->getAuthService()
    #4 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/sf/sfServiceContainerBuilder.php(66): sfServiceContainer->getService('auth')
    #5 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/Am/Di.php(302): sfServiceContainerBuilder->getService('auth')
    #6 /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/sf/sfServiceContainer.php(276): Am_Di->getService('auth')
    #7 /home1/ks/public_html/amembe in /home1/ks/public_html/amember/library/Zend/Session.php on line 667
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

What version of PHP is on your server?
  3. ksmith

ksmith New Member

It's running 5.4. There's options for 5.2 and 5.3, but not 5.5 or 5.6. (aMember is version 4.4.4)
  4. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Raise this with aMember support - sounds like something they need to advise on.
  5. gustavo

gustavo New Member

Any news on how to fix this issue? I am experiencing the exact same problem.
  6. mspronk

mspronk New Member

Guys? Any update on this? I'm running into the exact same problem after moving my functional installation to my local development environment. In my case, it works well in production, and on staging (both CentOS), however after creating a local OSX (MAMP Pro) development environment I get the above mentioned error when trying to load the login page.
  7. paulbellamy

paulbellamy New Member

I'm having this problem locally too, would be great if a fix could be published to this forum
  8. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

There is not any exact fix for code. Code is ok. It can be some miss configuration on server or some issue with custom changes. It is necessary to troubleshoot each case individually.

Here is something you can check:
    • check that session.auto_start is disabled in php.ini on your server
    • check that setting auto_prepend_file is empty
    • try to install default amember without any changes
  9. commonstockwarrants

commonstockwarrants New Member

very similar issue with one exception.. We are seeing the fatal error on Chrome ONLY.. I am not receiving any issues on Firefox, Safari, or Edge. To further elaborate this has happened since the last transaction around the 11th and appears any amember access in chrome is not possible. Any suggestions? full error below:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Session_Exception' with message 'The session has already been started. The session id must be set first.' in /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/Zend/Session.php:667 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/Zend/Session.php(426): Zend_Session::setId('f44b8204639923c...') #1 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/Zend/Session/Namespace.php(143): Zend_Session::start(true) #2 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/Am/Di.php(330): Zend_Session_Namespace->__construct('amember_auth') #3 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/sf/sfServiceContainer.php(184): Am_Di->getAuthService() #4 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/sf/sfServiceContainerBuilder.php(66): sfServiceContainer->getService('auth') #5 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/Am/Di.php(317): sfServiceContainerBuilder->getService('auth') #6 /home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/sf/sfServiceContainer.php(276): Am_Di->getService('auth') #7 /home/cont in/home/content/21/11236721/html/Members/library/Zend/Session.php on line 667
  10. caesar

11. noobjoker

noobjoker New Member

hi Amember team
    i want change my session id name form PHPSESSID to MYDOMAIN
    how i can do that?
  12. caesar

You can put the following code to config file above return statement:
    application/configs/config.php

PHP: