Your web hosting provider?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by 0zas, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 0zas

0zas New Member

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
    I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.
    affiligate likes this.
  2. duncan_m1

duncan_m1 Challenge Media Group LLC

we use modwest (www.modwest.com) we're now using a dedicated server, but have used shared and VPS accounts. Have been pleased for years.
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@Ozas: Couple of things to consider:

1) You should probably avoid hosts that offer "unlimited" anything as this is red flag that they are most likely overloading users onto shared servers. That being said, 1TB @ $30/mo is certainly not unlimited so not sure the disconnect in the language there.

2) With your existing host, was the issue drive space (how much are you using?) or bandwidth (how much are you using?) or processing? With 300 visitors a day, assuming they are spread out and not concurrent, that should be a fairly low impact. What was their exact complaint?

I have been using MDD Hosting and have been very happy with the service and support they provide.
  4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

HostGator.com - a lot of my clients and people on the board here are using it, and swear by it... plus the ability to host multiple sites on a single account for less than $10/month with an amazing customer support - you can't go wrong... ;)
  5. mav2u

mav2u New Member

6. jacksmith5258

jacksmith5258 New Member

Hostgator Review

http://hostgatorworld.com/Of course my friend,you should not go for the unlimited packs,,,
    Lots of my clients and friends using the same,the ability to host multiple sites on a single account for less than $10/month with an amazing customer support Service,,,i thing you shuld try it,,,,,
  7. jacksmith5258

jacksmith5258 New Member

Hostgator Review

Try this my friend,you should not go for the unlimited packs,,,
    Lots of my clients and friends using the same,the ability to host multiple sites on a single account for less than $10/month with an amazing customer support Service,,,i thing you shuld try it,,,,,
  8. jhon01

jhon01 New Member

Hello
    Web hosting can be a significant expense for anyone. When you are looking for Web hosting online there are so many to choose from that it can be an overwhelming task to try to tone it down to a handful to consider. Did you know that there is some Web hosting provider.
    Thanks!

hostcolor New Member

I saw a few very good web hosting providers mentioned on the thread. However most well-established hosting companies can provide reliable service. So the best consumers would do is to prepare a list of requirements and to compare web hosts based on their own needs. Otherwise the software platform the quality of the data center and network are very important.
  10. kevin_lee

kevin_lee New Member

shseogroup.com is really good it provide decent pricing,good features and fast sevice.
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Liquid Web

We have been with Liquid Web for around 6 years now. May not be the cheapest, I haven't checked, but service is great.

First shared then VPS now dedicated & VPS. Couple of times I changed server files (and broke website), phoned their support and they had me back working in record time.
  12. debtbytes

debtbytes New Member

Unlimited hosting in today's market isn't a bad thing like so many claim. hard drive sizes have increased alot over the past few years, so providing the space isn't the issue. The issue is hosts that overload their servers with too many clients per machine, trying to maximize revenues per server rather than caring about speed and performance. This is why we host at USA Domains (usadomains.com) because they limit the number of clients per server.
  13. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

For cheap, your first site hosting Hostgator.
    For multi sites, or sites that need a lot more resources, you'll need a VPN or dedicated- Servint.

David
  14. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

WiredTree.com - I haven't had a more reliable hosting in the 12 years of me dealing with hosting companies... been with WiredTree on their VPS and now on Hybrid servers and I kid you not, their uptime for at least the last year has been 100%. And I have pingdom logs to prove it. And their customer service is one of the best in the world - fully managed hosting and any issue you have will be taken care of within minutes. I would've had quite a few sleepless nights if it wasn't for these guys... I could not recommend them highly enough.
  15. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

I second WiredTree - been using them for years and their uptime, 24/7 phone service and overall integrity is phenomenal.
  16. pjman

pjman Member

WiredTree all the way. I have been using them for 9 years, they are awesome!

there systems flawlessly run amember and their Pure sSD VPS out performs 2 dedicated servers that my friends company leases.
  17. lucky_ray

lucky_ray aMember Pro Customer

KnownHost. They start at $25 a month for managed VPS and provide reliable service.
  18. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

Host Duplex. They have great vps plans. Don't have many of the limitations you will find with cheap, shared plans. This is helpful for smpt setups, memory settings, shell access, etc. Great support and prices are fair. Been with them for years after running into brick walls with godaddy, bluehost, and hostgator.