Yearly Membership is Giving Out 2 Years

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by sunseapromos, Sep 11, 2012.

1. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hi,

I just changed my client's aMember PayPal subscription from a monthly recurring membership to a yearly one that renews also.

But for some reason, when new members sign up the system shows that their membership is good for the next two years. So our admin is having to manually take back a year in the Admin area off of every new signup.

We only offer two memberships - both 1 year, one is online paying the other is offline paying.

Maybe I have it set wrong, this is what I have.

Overall in the main list of products it shows:
    price: $25
    duration: 1y
    scope: all
    group: 1
    sort: 1
    recurr: yes
    agr: yes

Then when I click on the Edit link it shows:
    price: $25
    duration: 1 Years
    no trial price
    no trial duration
    recurring billing: yes
    no fixed sub start date
    no recurring times
    pay pal currency: USD
    product urls all empty
    product availability: visible for all
    sorting order: 1
    price group ID: 1
    require...: don't
    dissallow...: don't

Additional Options
    continue old mailing cycle
    PayPal Subscription (recurring yearly)
    Additional subs... the one it is is selected

Can anyone see what is set wrong here please?

Thank you!
    Claudia
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Looks correct....
    Can you post a screenshot of the settings?

David
  3. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hi - yes I can thanx!

shot-1.jpg

shot-2.jpg

shot-2.jpg
  4. davidm1

Hmm, looks right to me! (maybe a bug?)
    Can you post a subscriber payment page, and also the payment page (paypal) that they get sent to.

David
  5. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hmmm...

Which is the Subscriber Payment page? The signup page? Here's that one, if that's what you need:
    http://www.christianhomebusinessassoc.com/amember/signup.php

Here's the PayPal payment page:
    Personally, I think the URL should be longer - LOL!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...2=&a3=25.00&p3=1&t3=Y&currency_code=USD&src=1

I just did a test account and signed up for the yearly plan. Seems to all work A-Ok and I even logged into the admin and checked the dates - it only gave me one year.

A difference with this signup compared to the other folks who got the two years is that I did not process a payment yet tonight. I am checking with my admin to see when this "2 years" occurs.

I know when I signed up recently to this new 1 yr. subscription when I first set it up and tested it completely with a real and paid account, she mentioned to me that it gave me two years. She got mad at me 'cause she thought I screwed it all up when I changed it over - LOL!

Thanx! for your help - maybe these facts will shed some light on it - maybe it's a PayPal processing bug?
  6. davidm1

OK, checked out your page and that signup is very long- do you need all that info?
    I started the process, so you can delete pending user test1

David
  7. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hi David,

Thanx! :) for testing it out. I will check to see what the Admin area says regarding the time frame for your membership.

I cannot shorten the info on that page, unfortunately, I am only the graphic designer and website manager for the site. The content is up to my client - I just put there whatever she tells me to.
  8. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Okay, yours was for 1 yr. also - guess I should do a test of the full signup process and go ahead and pay for my signup test and see what happens then.

What do you think?
  9. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hi David -

I went ahead and paid for my test account to see what really happens and shows up in the admin panel.

I think I'm getting some evidence here for you to review and my admin has collaborated on this result that it is what she has been seeing. Looks to me like its not actually giving a two year membership, but adding additional access of some sort

Please take a look at the attached .pdf image and see what you think -- thanx! :)

Attached Files:

10. davidm1

looks like you are talking about the addional product. Whats that set for?

David
  11. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Hi - technically we have only one.

A membership. But we have listed two - one is paying for the membership via PayPal, the other is paying for the membership manually.
  12. davidm1

You must have an additional access product set in the original product.
    This is the one thats displaying 2 years? the paypal product looks like 1 year.

David
  13. sunseapromos

sunseapromos Member

Looks like maybe I do!?!?!?

But it is also a PayPal product (actually looks like I have itself selected or maybe it is the old membership before I changed it to a 1 yr. plan). And the previous screen shot says Manual Payment (which is our "other" product).

Here's a shot of my Additional section in the product. I am guessing that if I check off all of these then maybe this won't happen?
    addtl.jpg

It's been quite some time since I set up the original products, maybe I thought that should be checked, or maybe it was and shouldn't have been??? I can't remember all the setting details from our original products. :confused:

I remember now looking at that setting when I did this recent change and wondering if I should check that off or not. I think it was highlighted like it is now and I got scared thinking that if I did not select it then that would mess up the current membership the visitor was buying. :confused: