Xoops trial or demo?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by zioncurtain4, Jan 24, 2006.

1. zioncurtain4

zioncurtain4 New Member

I am very interested in buying this script to work with Xoops.

I have downloaded and installed the trial version of aMember Pro, and it seems to be what I am looking for.

But the main selling point for me, is if it will work well with Xoops.

If you have a trial version of the Xoops script, or if you know of a demo that I can see. I would greatly appreciate it.

I need to find something in the next 24 hours. If not this, then something else.

So please reply quickly if you are able. Thanks!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Unfortunately, it is currently impossible to use plugins with trial version. We are working to remove this limitation.
  3. zioncurtain4

zioncurtain4 New Member

2 problems:

The aMember script is one of the most expensive scripts that I have ever even considered buying. Considering that Prozilla has nearly 100 high quality scripts for sale all for $69, and just about any script that is listed on Hotscripts is less than $100.

So I am having trouble justifying the $140, but then the additional $40 for the plugin is really killing the sale here.

Im considering going to Mambo, and getting some truly open-source scripts to make this function work for me.

The only reason that I am considering this script 'aMember', is because it supports Authorize.net, which is my payment gateway.

But if I have to switch to PayPal, just to be sure that I get a fully working product, I may have to do that.

Questions:

Do you know of any site that uses aMember with Xoops that I can test before I buy?

Do you ever plan on making Xoops just a feature in the software, and not a seperate purchase?

Comments:

Most scripts that are paid scripts sell their product based on the vast features that come with the program.

I think listing Xoops as a feature of the $140 software would make it much easier to buy.
  4. zioncurtain4

zioncurtain4 New Member

----------------------------------

Another reason that I would like to try this feature before I buy it, is because of some commentary on the Xoops forums, that say there is a few problems with the aMember software, such as upgrading existing members, and there are several sercurity concerns too.

It is mission critical that I am able to test this software before I buy it.
  5. alex

aMember Pro is a script to make money. . $140 and even $180 are nothing when compared to your profit from subscription sales.

There is lot of scripts that costs more than $140, should I list examples here?
    Anyway, it is wrong place to discuss our prices, lets stop.

I'm really sorry that it is impossible to test integration with trial version, it is clear and we are working to change it. Right now, we offer 30-days moneyback guarantee, so you can try it. Or you may ask any questions regarding the plugin in the helpdesk.
  6. zioncurtain4

zioncurtain4 New Member

I realize that it is a script to make money.

I just don't think that the Xoops module is worth paying for if it is still beta-type software.

Without the ability to integrate existing customers to the aMember database, I find this a weakness that still leaves it as unfinished software. Same with some of the security concerns.

I have no problem paying $99 for scripts. I have paid $99 for some awesome scripts. I will even pay $140 for your script. I appreciate your abilities as programmers.

BTW- Thank you for making an awesome script, you get a lot of great reviews.

I just want to check out a site that is using your software in combination with Xoops, so that I can judge whether these problems are something that I will be able to work around.

If I can work around the problems that I have heard about on the Xoops forums. Then you will have my $140, and possibly $180 ASAP..

Seriously, this isn't a debate about paying for software. Im not above that. I just don't pay for beta.
  7. zioncurtain4

zioncurtain4 New Member

This will be my final request, and then I'll either buy or move on.

Do you have the ability to either point me to a current site using your aMember module, and Xoops together? Or can you setup an Xoops site as a subdomain on aMember.com, so that I can see how your module works with Xoops??

Seriously, Im not trying to be difficult, I would like this to be as easy as possible. Im running out of time.
  8. alex

XOOPS plugin is not beta. I have no permissions to show my member websites without their agreement. Sorry for being so helpless.
  9. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Member

if you need a site to show you can show http://www.leadcareers.com/Main

We use XOOPS and amember, and we LOVE IT.

It is seemless if you set up your templates in the amember program correctly. I personally used it on other sites and NEVER had security issues and or problems with it. I highly recommend amember software to XOOPS users.

on a side note I am happy to say the support for amember is OUTSTANDING, they updated the xoops module when XOOPS core was updated after I updated my site.

BRAVO ZULU!!!