XenForo Problem?

Discussion in 'Integration' started by scottlott, Nov 30, 2011.

1. scottlott

scottlott Member

Hey guys, I've been having an issue with the login system on Amember.com.

When I login the amember system will keep me logged in, but XenForo will log me out within the XenForo forum.

When this happens I can go to the home page of Amember.com and the "My account/Sign Out" options are available at the top. Then, I click on forum tab and it turns into the "Already a member? Sign in" option. I click on that OR the Log In button on the forum itself and it just redirects back to the forum home page, it doesn't actually log me into the forum or even present me with a login page.
    I can even click back to the Amember home page at that point and it changes BACK to "My Account / Sign Out", then I go back to the forum and the same game all over again....still not logged in.

The only way to actually login to the forum at this point is to go to the amember home page, log out of the amember system, then login again. The forum THEN actually sees the login from aMember and lets me access it.

My main concern is I am going to be setting up a website soon with XenForo and aMember and I'd like for issues like this to be resolved....
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I fixed this issue in plugin and updated plugin on amember.com.
    Please let me know if you still have any issue with it.

Thanks.
  3. scottlott

scottlott Member

Yes, the issue is still occurring.

Windows 7 with Google Chrome.
  4. caesar

Could you please logout from your account then login again and check it.

Is it right that you logged out automaticly from xenforo in case of long inactivity period?
  5. scottlott

scottlott Member

Yes, Xenforo is logging me out due to inactivity. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it changes...
  6. scottlott

scottlott Member

Confirmed, I still have a problem with XenForo logging me out.
  7. caesar

Please check it now.
  8. scottlott

scottlott Member

9. slinky

slinky Member

There is actually a problem on this site too. I'll be logged into xenforo but not into amember to get me into the help desk. Then I'll notice i might be logged into amember but not into the helpdesk part. The only way to get in is to logout of all the parts of the site (whether it's xenforo or the header with amember) and that allows me to login here and submit a ticket too.
  10. scottlott

scottlott Member

I've been bugging them in the helpdesk for several weeks now....still no real solution.
  11. slinky

slinky Member

Truth is that this software is amazing that it gets you this far. Cookie management with different software is probably the most excruciatingly difficult application ever. At least integrated login works which is most of the battle.
  12. AdamCapriola

AdamCapriola New Member

Any update on this? I'm trying to decide if I should keep the default XenForo login or redirect the login to aMember.
  13. planetofthevapes

planetofthevapes New Member

Proper necromancy here but did you ever find a fix for this?
  14. mdarras

mdarras New Member

This is exactly what is currently happening on my xenforo site as well right now.

@caesar is there anything that anyone can do to help troubleshoot this? I submitted a trouble ticket prior to seeing this thread.
  15. frybread

frybread aMember Pro Customer

For longer sessions, let users login to xenforo directly. Registration still forwarded to amember.

Amember plugin for xenforo changed to allow sign-in on xenforo side.
    Code:
    \Amember\Redirect.php
    Remove/comment:
    Code:
     if ($routeMatch->getControllerName() == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Logout') {
                self::redirect('/logout', $isAjax);
            }
    Find:
    Code:
            if ($routeMatch->getControllerName() == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login'
    Replace:
    Code:
            if ($routeMatch->getControllerName() == 'XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register' 
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    sean8ing likes this.