Xenforo integration and sessions

Discussion in 'Integration' started by itsrich, May 21, 2015.

1. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello,

How can I make the xenforo and amember integration better?

The sessions seem to be off and every now and then, this happens...

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 20.29.25.jpg

... which logs me out of my xenforo account, but not my amember account, but I can't log back in or log out fully, I have to clear the session tables to "kick" myself out. This is fine when it happens to me, but obviously this will be a problem for other members because they don't have access to the session tables lol

Is there a way to correct this so it doesn't happen?

Thank you

Regards,

Richard
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Make sure that you are using latest aMember version, as I remember there was some fixes related to sessions recently.
    Also, make sure that you don;t have croess-domain link on your site. xenforo set's own session to exact domain name so if you are being redirected from www.domain.com to domain.com there could be issues with single login.
  3. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hi Alexander,

I've noticed that this issue occurs if the connection changes, so if I have been indoors using my phone on a wifi connection, then I go out and my phone connects to the network mobile data service or when I've been at home on my laptop and then I've gone somewhere else and my laptop connects to another wifi connection.

I am not aware of it being cross-domain, but how can I find out if it is?

Thank you
  4. itsrich

itsrich Member

I can easily recreate the problem time after time by simply changing my internet connection on my macbook, desktop, mobile or tablet.

All it takes is a simple connection change.

To other amember/xenforo integration users:
    Do you have this problem?
  5. alexander

This is not related to aMember then.
    Xenforo stores your IP and UserAgent inside session table. So when you change IP or USer-Agent I believe your session is being deleted.
  6. itsrich

itsrich Member

OK, thanks.

You have xenforo integration, do you have the same issue?
  7. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hi Alexander,

XenForo say that they have a "Stay logged in" option, but aMember removes this option?
  8. itsrich

itsrich Member

I know you said it's not aMember related, but if aMember has removed an XF feature, then I would say that it is aMember related, so, is there a way to add this option back via the aMember log in page?

or

Is there a way to have the aMember session deleted at the same time as the XF session?

Thank you
  9. alexander

aMember hasn't removed anything from xenforo. If you want to use Stay Logged in just enable corresponding "Remember Login" setting in aMember. But this way user won't be logged out when he closes his browser.
  10. itsrich

itsrich Member

Just checked and I do have that already enabled....

Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 20.04.59.jpg

...but it's not clear to anyone that it is a "stay logged in" feature, I just assumed it was to "remember my password" as that is what it says when you sign in, so I didn't check it because my mac keychain already stores my passwords.

Anyway, I set it as "always remember" and so far in my testing, it seems to have solved my issue :)

Thank you for your help
  11. alexander

"Stay logged in" is the same fucntionality as "Always remember" password. Just a different option name being used in Xenforo and Amember.