Xenforo & aMember integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by solari, Jul 19, 2013.

1. solari

solari Member

Are there any issues we should be aware of before moving forward with this? We're also going to hook aMember into our Wordpress install.

I asked another experienced developer about help migrating our vB forums to Xenforo and hooking into aMember and this is what he said:

I recently did a migration involving aMember, where aMember supplied a bridge between XenForo and aMember, that apparently also involved a bridge to Wordpress. However, the experience with aMember was not very good, as the instructions provided proved to be incomplete, and the bridge did not function until they performed some manual fix (all n all it took over a week and a half to get everything up and running).

Seeing they never provided the instructions, I'm a bit hesitant to provide a quote on the bridge installation, as I would not be able to finalize the installation unless the aMember documentation has been finalized to include these extra steps.

I would suggest you mail aMember, ask them about the bridge, and refer to the issues with the aMember instructions, and get them to let you know whether or not the documentation has been updated like they promised they would.

This was several months ago so I'm checking to see if everything will be okay and if the documentation is accurate now because I'm leery of blowing things up, lol. aMember support has been very good, however, but I thought I'd see what others suggest in handling this sort of integration.

Thanks!
    Ray
  2. tokazama2

tokazama2 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Ray,

What did you end up doing? I have been using bbPress and it isn't really making me very happy.

Kathy