WP User accts created during normal signup, but not on V3 import

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by paullee357, Mar 27, 2013.

1. paullee357

paullee357 Member

I imported about 700 subscribers over from V3 and can see them in the V4 admin and they are subscribed to the right product. However, they did not have parallel WP accts created, which I thought at first was normal.

However, new subscribers going through the AM signup form are having parallel WP accts created automatically by AM, and I think it is great. In fact, I see the configuration where an AM acct deletion causes the WP acct deletion, and it works!

So how do I auto build 700 something WP accts if I reimport the V3 subscriber list. Is there a column I need to add with a flag/value?
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Paullee,

If you manually, or by import, create an account in aMember, the WordPress account will not be created until the user logs in. You do not need to create the WP account, aMember does it. This is what I suspect is happening in your case.
  3. paullee357

paullee357 Member

That's not good.

The new aMember subscribers who went through the aMember signup form have WordPress accounts automatically created for them. The WordPress account allows them more features such as managing their avatar, for example. I also like how aMember will even clean up the WordPress user database by deleting the WordPress user if they are deleted in aMember.

The old aMember subscribers who are imported do not have a WordPress account created for them. It would take me months if I had to hand enter 700 users through the aMember signup form just to get them a WordPress account

Since there an AM to WP user database link/hook already in place that aMember created, how do I utilize that on a batch import?
  4. paullee357

paullee357 Member

I will try what you suggested and have an imported user log in and see if that creates the WordPress account. Thanks.
  5. gswaim

The WordPress account is "automatically" created during aMember registration because that event ends with logging the user into WordPress.
    This is most likely because the user has not logged into WordPress.

I would test the site by logging into aMember with a user account that was imported into aMember. If it does not create a WordPress account for that user, then your setup is not working correctly.

I recommend you submit a support ticket and let Alexander take a look at your installation.
  6. paullee357

paullee357 Member

That did not work. I had an imported user login through the aMember login and he got in fine, but it did not create a WordPress account for him.
  7. paullee357

paullee357 Member

Ok, let me try to have them log in through WP
  8. paullee357

paullee357 Member

That did not work either. I will submit a ticket
  9. gswaim

Paulee, Got a little sloppy on my reply.

They should always be logging into aMember which will then log them into WordPress in the background. You should be blocking the access to the WordPress login.

You have a bug/configuration issue. I would go with a support ticket.

PS I edited the post to correct this error.
  10. paullee357

paullee357 Member

aMember support, Anton, helped me discover the correct way to do this and I want to pass on to others in case they come upon this later.

After each import I have to rebuild the WordPress database via V4AmemberCp->Utilities->RebuildDb and click on Rebuild Wordpress Database.

In my case, this created almost all of the WP accounts I imported and the ones missed are problems in my import table that I will fix next.
  11. gswaim

Cool. Glad it worked out and thanks for sharing that tip. I'll make sure it gets into the WordPress documentation.