wp template full width problem

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by rockstar12, Jan 27, 2013.

1. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

Hi,

i have seen some threads asking same question.. i used my wordpress template and now login page and signup page gone in full width. how to fix it. i dont want any widgets in those pages. just header and footer will do.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

If you do the integration and check the "Use WordPress theme" box it will add the WP header/footer along with styling (like background color, etc) to all aMember pages. The body section will be full width since it is an aMember page and will not have any features from the WP theme such as a sidebar.

Note with this approach you do not modify the layout of the aMember templates. So if you have done this I would upload a fresh set of the pages you modified and use this technique.

This configuration is covered on this page in the documentation.
  3. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

i used my wordpress template and now login page and signup page gone in full width. how to fix it.

--- ??????
  4. gswaim

When you use the technique I described earlier it will display aMember pages "full width". This approach adds the WordPress header and footer to a standard aMember page so the body part (the area between the header and footer) will look just like a standard aMember page.

When you said "i don't want any widgets in those pages. just header and footer will do" I assumed you didn't want a sidebar which is basically full page. If you want a sidebar, you will have to write custom code on the aMember template that displays this page. I am not a coder and cannot really help on this.

If you are using a WP theme fixed at about 1000 pixels, I don't think displaying an aMember page at full width looks bad. You can see an example of this on a site I designed. Also remember that you can put the aMember Widget on the home page and the only time the user is going to see an aMember page is when they initially register or renew a product (or changing profile info).
  5. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

exactly like your site.. i just want to control width nothing else.. how can i do? consider me as noob in php! :)
  6. gswaim

In the WordPress theme world this is called "fixed width" vs "fluid width"

There are two possibilities

aMember Issue
    If your WordPress theme has a fixed width but your aMember pages does not (using the technique I described above) then this should be considered a bug. The aMember pages should inherit this feature from the WordPress theme.

If this is the case you should submit a ticket to support and let them look at your site.

WordPress Issue
    If your WordPress theme has a fluid width then the aMember pages should also have a fluid width. If this is the case then this would require changes to your WordPress theme's CSS file to fix the width to a specific pixel count.

If this is the case you should post that question on the WordPress theme's forums since the exact code can vary from theme to theme.
  7. hpca

hpca New Member

rockstar12,
    Given my experience so far,
    http://www.amember.com/forum/posts/62842 , I'd go with Grant's option B . . . a Wordpress theme issue.

We too had a fluid width them between a certain minimum and maximum. It got a little crazy. Though I'm not 100% sure I used Grant's technique / suggestions, what we ended up was going fixed width at 1000px (or 960/980/something really close to that).

Going to fixed width theme made the difference. Though perhaps it could be just how the theme creation software we purchased publishes the page code that puts the right CSS wrappers in there that aMember recognizes. If I have free time sometime, perhaps I'll experiment with this, but for now, I got one of my site implementation problems solved, so on to the other things first.

gswaim:
    Yes - did this: "If you do the integration and check the "Use WordPress theme" box it will add the WP header/footer along with styling (like background color, etc) to all aMember pages."

N0 - didn't modify the layout of any aMember templates.: "Note with this approach you do not modify the layout of the aMember templates."