WP Super Cache causes aMember Pro 4.x to misbehave

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by gocliff, Jan 10, 2012.

?

Does your Wordpress site run slow and take too much time to display selected content?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Not sure... can't tell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gocliff

gocliff Maverick Marketing Methods

Hello Everyone:
    After logging into our Wordpress site as a member we noticed that the menus that are to display our subscription options and our member privileges did not work (these are aMember widgets to be setup in Wordpress under WPadmin --> Appearance --> Widgets). Also, some of the pages with aMember protected content were not working or displaying.

We had a hunch that maybe this was a cache problem, so we disabled the WP Super Cache plugin to our Wordpress site, and immediately all the aMember features began to work.

We'll monitor web site speed and other performance characteristics to see if not having a cache on Wordpress is to be a concern.

Kind regards,
  2. lifemedia

lifemedia aMember Pro Customer

Hmm....

We installed some new features on our WP site (including WP Super Cache) a few days ago and started to notice some unexplainable problems too. Intermittent... and very hard to track down.

Just discovered this post and am thinking now that maybe Super Cache is the culprit. We're going to disable it and see if the intermittent issues go away.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

What errors are you seeing? Can you post screen shots?

David
  4. kriss

kriss Member

Hi guys, any updates on the Super Cache issue? I'm wondering if I can use it. Presumably I won't be able to use it on protected pages but on non-protected pages?
  5. goexcel

goexcel Member

For what's worth, we had some issues last year with W3 Total Cache and aMember. We disabled W3TC so it wouldn't impede our migration from 3.x to 4.x.
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Of course you have to configure it that it does not cache protected pages, if that is done there must be no problems with aMember.
  7. kriss

kriss Member

Ok I'll go ahead and test it out. :)