WP Plugin V4

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by richyandrew, Mar 25, 2012.

1. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Hi,
    I purchased amember pro a few years back but I never used it and ended up going with WishList. I can't remember why. It may have been because amember didn't integrate with wordpress and paypal website payments pro at the time.

I'm now thinking of using my amember pro license and upgrading to the new version but I have some questions first:

1. Can amber be integrated into Wordpress?

2. Does Amber allow you to do the following: Sell access to content on your website. Protect any blog post or page so that it is only available to paying members. Setup teasers where a part of the page is public but the rest of the page is only visible to paying members. Create membership feature levels (i.e. basic and premium memberships) and fine tune the access to your content. Show or hide content based on the logged in members feature level.

3. Does amember pro work with paypal website payments pro?

4. Do you still get the complimentary incremental content plugin free with the latest upgrade?

Thanks

Rich

Rich
  2. jorkins

jorkins New Member

I forgot to add:

Are all the features of Amember integrated into the word press plugin? If I use Amember on a wordpress site I want to make sure it has all the features.

Rich
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

4. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Hi,

If the plugin has all the features of Wordpress when do you suggest we can use it on a live installation? According the URL you gave me it says " Plugin is beta so we don't reccommend to use it on a live wordpress installations yet"

My site is powered by Wordpress and I have to make a decision to use amember or something else.

Rich
  5. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Hi,

So amember support advises not use the wordpress plugin on a live wordpress installtion, as it is still in beta mode. If you are not using wordpress to create your site, can anyone tell me what you are using or what a preferred popular choice is?

Thanks

Rich
  6. alex

alex Administrator Staff Member

Where does aMember support advise this????? Please quote or point to the URL.
  7. alex

From the URL Skippy gave link to:

aMember Pro v3 is out of sale now. We are completely switched to v4. it is stable. WordPress Integration Plugin.
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Rich,
    I believe you mean old plugin for v3?
    Plugin that is available in aMember v4 is stable and can be used on live sites without a problem.
  9. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Guys, can we please have some consistency and confirmation from the owner of Amember would be much appreciated. I was given this link by Skippy:
    Full specifics here:​

Are you now saying that plugin was an old version? If so, could you plaese update the page. Can you please confirm that amber has integrated all it's features into the latest Wordpress plugin which I now believe is V4 and it is stable?

Rich
  10. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Guys, can we please have some consistency and confirmation from the owner of Amember would be much appreciated. I was given this link by "moderator" Skippy:
    Full specifics here:​

Are you now saying that plugin was an old version? If so, could you plaese update the page. Can you please confirm that amber has integrated all it's features into the latest Wordpress plugin which I now believe is V4 and it is stable?

Rich
  11. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Hi,

I am now being told there is a V4 Wordpress plugin and the link Skippy gave me was for V3.

Has all the features of amember been integrated into the V4 Wordpress Plugin?

Is the plugin stable and can it be used on live sites?

Can we see or try a demo of the plugin before I upgrade to it?

Can I see any examples of sites using it?

Many thanks.

Rich
  12. alex

Hi Rich, look at screenshots : http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Wordpress

How it works:
    - aMember is still installed and admin (you) use it as a standalone PHP script; so all features are still here!
    - aMember provides a small WP plugin that works inside your wordpress to handle interaction with amember;
    - there is a small aMember plugin that handles interaction with WP. Once you enable this plugin, you will be able to display all customer-side aMember pages inside your WP theme. So for customers, aMember is invisible, it works like a part of WP.
  13. alex

14. jorkins

jorkins New Member

Many thanks Alex.

I just sent a private pre-sales message to support. Can you take a look. I'm really interesting in upgrading so i can run this on Wordpress. I adore the admin interface. It looks so slick and easy to navigate!!

Rich