Wordpress - Vbulletin integration pre sales questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by meadwench, Apr 3, 2015.

1. meadwench

meadwench New Member

Hello,

I'm preparing to move my website from Joomla to Wordpress, and need a membership package. I'm strongly considering Amember, but need more information to make my decision.

1. I have a large number of existing members in my Vbulletin forum, both free and paid, will Amember allow me to pull all of them from VB into Wordpress/Amember to create the Wordpress/Amember users?
    2. I have members who are paid, via the existing Vbulletin subscription function. Will Amember let me define the 'membership' levels between VB and Amember (so 'paid' in Amember='patron', which is paid in VB) so it will transfer their subscriptions, or do I have to do that manually and define for each paid member all existing subscriptions and expiration dates?
    3. When paid members are transferred/set up, will Amember maintain their automatic renewal? (I do this via Paypal in VB)
    4. Paid members in my forum can access additional boards. Most existing boards in the forum are free to registered (unpaid) members, but there are some paid boards. Will Amember allow me to define that paid members can access these additional boards in additional to the unpaid boards and block them from unpaid members?
    5. Can Amember do recurring subscriptions? Will that also register in VB when renewal happens so that paid members don't lose access in VB?
    6. I plan to use WP Ultimate Recipe to create wine recipes in the Wordpress install. Will Amember allow me to restrict specific categories only to paid members? Or will this be done using Wordpress member levels?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. I'm keen to get my site converted asap, but really need to get the details before I can invest in a particular membership program.

Thanks,

Vicky
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Vicky,
    For 1,2,3 custom import script should be created. We already did this for Drupal, and some wordpress membership plugins, and we can help with such script development for vBulletin too.
    Using such script this will be possible to import all products/payments/subscriptions from vBulletin and keep recurring subscriptions working.
    4. yes sure. You can link aMember products to vBulletin groups and then set permissions for each vBulletin group.
    In short integration works this way:
    When new user makes purchase, aMember will create an account for this user in vBulletin and will assign this user to a group which is associated with purchased product.
    Then when user's subscription expires, user will be removed from group.
    5. Yes sure, but this depends on payment system which you are going to use.
    6. Yes sure you can do this with amember.
  3. meadwench

meadwench New Member

Thanks Alexander! What would I need to do to have a custom import script created? I'd like to know what sort of price that would be, as I do not have skills for that.

5. I use Paypal right now

I look forward to an answer, and thanks!

Vicky
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Contact us in helpdesk we will help with this. Such script development will costs $100;

Yes sure, aMember supports recurring payments with paypal .