WordPress User Added

Discussion in 'Integration' started by krhaynes, Mar 5, 2012.

1. krhaynes

krhaynes New Member

When I create a new user is added to Amember the user is also added to the "users" in WordPress and when logged in the WP tool bar appears.

I'm pretty sure a user isn't supposed to be added to WP.... What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks!!
    Kevin
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Are you not integrating with the wordpress part of your site? Any reason you wouldnt want the user added into wordpress?

As far as the admin bar- theres wordpress plugins that can remove that.

David
  3. krhaynes

krhaynes New Member

David, thank you for the reply.

I just want to clarify... by default, a new user is always created in WordPress when a new member registers in Amember? SO in every installation of WP connected to Amember - in the WP admin users list there's a list of every Amember user too? That's just the way it is?

Also - Can you reccomend a good WP plugin to remove the toolbar, there seems to be a few floating around.

Thank you!
    Kevin
  4. krhaynes

krhaynes New Member

I used the plugin "global hide/remove toolbar", which works great.

However, there is the issue of members landing on their profile page ((wp-admin/profile.php) not that it would happen often), but wondering what happens if a member were to change their password or any details on that page... how does that sync with Amember?