WordPress Plugin

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by fadi, Dec 2, 2008.

1. fadi

fadi New Member

Hello guys,

I am purchasing amember, and I was about to add Wordpress plugin when I realized that WordPress 2.7 is due any day now and the plugin will not be compatible with it.

If the plugin is not encrypted, I can modify it myself... but if it is encrypted, is it being modified to WordPress 2.7?

I will get amember now, just wondering about the plugin to integrate my test environment
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

The purchased version of the plugin isn't encrypted.
    aMember should have a new version out pretty soon after the change in 2.7.

On an existing site I wouldnt recommend moving to 2.7 until the plugin has been updated and verified.

From the beta's config file, it looks like the variables are the same as 2.6, so hopefully the old plugin will continue to function.

David
  3. fadi

fadi New Member

Thanks David,

If the code is not encrypted, I am fine. I will wait on the plugin in any case till 2.7 is released and stabilized since it will have few bugs anyway.

My challenge right now is that the license is domain specific, and I am using different domains for testing. I know I can request a license for the test domain, I just don't want to use up that card yet in case I change the main domain name.

I will need to move my test environment to my production environment under specific folder then set everything up and customize the screens, then will get the plugin. That way an update might be released by the time I am ready to switch production environments.
  4. dellw

dellw New Member

Please let me know if you managed to get the plugin to work with wp 2.7, i'm planning to upgrade. thanks!
  5. fadi

fadi New Member

Just an update to this post to answer it... David has tested it and it seems to be working fine. I have not updated yet myself.