WordPress Multisite and Amember

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by arpowers, Jun 2, 2011.

1. arpowers

arpowers New Member

Hi!

So we're having some issues integrating AMember w/ WordPress Multisite.

Specifically, Amember appears to be adding users to the general network users of WordPress.

These users aren't associated w/ a specific site, so none of the integrations are working that are based off of that site.

Is there a way to associate new users w/ Amember/WordPress to a specific Multisite (WordPress MU) site?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Possible but will require plugin customization. Please contact us in helpdesk and explain how integration should work exactly.
  3. slinky

slinky Member

I'm noticing this as well. Alexander -- I'm wondering if this can be done. I've been able to work with Wordpress so that users are registered to all sites if registered on the main site. What I can't do is get the member to be logged into all multisites at the same time if they login to amember.

Example:

wordpress.com/
    wordpress.com/trucks
    wordpress.com/bikes

If you register, amember will add the users to the root blog. I have something that will copy that information to the other two sites, trucks and bikes. That works on the wordpress end because amember only knows about user table 1, the root wordpress.com blog.

So lets say I want to login - problem is that you are only logged into site 1 - the root site - and not all the sites. You have to login with amember on every single site. I am going to see what a network install of amember multisite will do but I am not hopeful. Will back up the database first but I think results are the same - only in the root.
  4. alexander

Please check my reply in other post, I believe wordpress set separate logged_in cookie for each blog in multisite and aMember just don't set it.
  5. slinky

slinky Member

Alexander... I think you are correct. Is there a way that we can modify amember so that aMember can do the same thing? That would make a HUGE difference and doesn't seem like it should be terribly difficult... then again, we are tinkering with some heavy machinery here, lol.
  6. slinky

slinky Member

This might be beyond the scope. I'll see what I can do to get this handled elsewhere I guess if it's too challenging.
  7. memphisroar

memphisroar New Member

I am also interested in this fix.
  8. alexander

I'll work on plugin that will support wordpress multysites from next week.
  9. fonderco

fonderco New Member

Any word on this plugin? Where users get assigned to different sites based on the product they purchased?
  10. solari

solari Member

Is there any update regarding this?

Thanks,
    Ray
  11. bfritton

bfritton Certified aMember Developer

Hello - I'm also interested in this! Is there any update? My use case is that I'd like aMember to automatically provision a new blog in the network and automatically log the aMember use into the provisioned blog's admin.

Any plugin that I can start basing this off would be very much appreciated.
  12. alexander

Unfortunately plugin wasn't done yet. It is scheduled for 4.3.0; Currently this is possible to protect content in multiply blogs only (using aMember plugin in wordpress). But there is no fucntionality which allows to create blogs.
  13. bfritton

Hi Alex,
    So if I manually create a blog, is there someway (with this new plugin) to tell aMember to login a customer to a specific network blog as long as the already available wordpress aMember plugin is installed there?

I'm mostly worried about single sign on to network sites - I can handle the new blog creation okay myself through a simple aMember plugin.
  14. bfritton

Any update on this?
  15. alexander

WPMU plugin deta will be available on Tuesday next week.
    Please contact me in helpdesk I will send you files fro testing.
  16. toppkarakter

toppkarakter New Member

Is this plugin available for everyone by now? Does it work properly?