Wordpress menu missing in header

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by bmedwards, Sep 3, 2014.

1. bmedwards

bmedwards New Member

Hi,

I have setup the wordpress integration with amember, and have my signup pages and amember user area working great with the wordpress header and footer.

However, my wordpress main menu that is in the header of my wordpress theme does not show up in the header of the amember pages. If I add the same menu to the footer of my wordpress installation, it shows up fine in the footer of the amember pages, so I know that it is working somewhat... I am using a child them of the "Avada" template, which is a fairly common wordpress theme.

Does anyone know if there is a setting somewhere to turn on/off the main menu within the header anywhere? I can't seem to find a way to get it to show correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. bmedwards

bmedwards New Member

OK, So I have been looking at this a bit more, and it seems that wordpress is not returning the main menu in the header when get_header() is called.

There are two locations in the template where the main menu gets rendered into - A fixed top header next to the logo, and a second floating header that shows up when the user scrolls the page down (a sticky header). The menu gets pulled into the sticky header in amember, but not into the fixed header next to the logo. This is more of an issue with the Avada template in wordpress, I am guessing. I am looking into why that is happening. I did a search for this in the wordpress codex, but came up nothing. If anyone else has seen something similar to this, I am all ears...