WordPress Login redirects to aMember login

Discussion in 'Integration' started by paullee357, Dec 29, 2015.

1. paullee357

paullee357 Member

I have about 5 regular Wordpress logins that are not associated with aMember and can normally log in at domain/wp-admin. Specifically > http://nurnbergeagles.org/wp-login.php

Recently though, successful WP logins will cause a redirect to the aMember login page. > http://nurnbergeagles.org/membereagles/login/index

I'm only able to login as WP admin by renaming the plugin folder temporarily to "amember4-temp" in order to break it. I can rename the folder back to "amember4", activate and it runs again, but with the same WP-login redirect problem.

Any idea what can cause that or call it out?
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Sounds like the Wordpress v4.4 issue ... make sure you are running aMember v4.7.2 and copy the amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/upload_to_wordpress into wordpress to update the plugin there.
    caesar likes this.
  3. paullee357

paullee357 Member

Thank you. I just purchased the upgrade to take it from 4.3.2 to 4.7.2
    I'll run backups, install the latest aMember and then install the new WP plugin that comes with it.
    I'll let you know when I'm complete as to how it works.
  4. paullee357

paullee357 Member

It WORKED! Thank you for your advice.
  5. ujubo14

ujubo14 New Member

Hi, I seem to have the same issue. I have updated to the newest amember version but still have the problem that when I sign in to the /wp-admin I get redirected to the /members/member (or /members/login) page and am not able to access the Wordpress dashboard. I am sure there is only a small detail that I am missing as I am not quite as tech-savvy.

- I have downloaded the zip file amember-4-7-2.zip and unzipped it.
    - In Mac Finder I have gone through \amember\application\default\plugins\protect\wordpress/upload_to_wordpress which contains a further path (wp-content/plugins/amember4 and the contents of amember4).
    - In the File Manager of my Hostgator cPanel I also have the path /wp-content/plugins/amember4
    - I am assuming I have to replace the existing amember4 folder content in the cPanel with the new unzipped amember4 content in Mac Finder.
    - I am having trouble becasue when I want to upload the new unzipped amember4 content I am not able to upload the entire folder but only files.

My question (considering I was correct up to here): How do I upload the entire folder to replace the existing one in the cPanel?

Thank you for any guidance you are able to give me with this.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  6. accularian

accularian Online Macintosh support — aMember Guru.

Hi,

Use an FTP client to do this. Try Transmit, CyberDuck or your favorite. I just did this myself.

Important: After you remove the old plugin using FTP, login to WP go to Plugins and delete the reference to the old aMember4 plugin using the WP admin. Upload your new amember4 plugin folder, then go back to WP Admin page, refresh and activate the new plugin. I did not do this originally and saw two of the same plugins in WP. Starting fresh with the update from Alex and the guys got me back in shape.

In order to be able to log into WP initially, I just FTP'ed into my plugins folder, changed the name of the amember4 plugin to "amember4OFF" and that's how I got back into WP long enough to do the other changes.

Hope that helps ujubo14.
  7. ujubo14

ujubo14 New Member

Thanks for the extra tip accularian.

In the end I was able to do it without an external FTP prgram. I just uploaded the .zip file via the cPanel and extracted the files there. Deleting the old version first was god to avoid confusion when it came to deleting the correct one.

Thank you for your help on this forum. I am now able to continue creating protected content.
  8. makeystone

makeystone New Member

I'm having the same problem. Is there any issues with existing customers/members? Does this process maintain the integrity of existing members, payment data and recurring billing etc...
  9. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

As far as I know the upgrade is safe, just remember as mentioned above to update the wordpress plugin and you should be good to go.