WordPress content upgrade integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by neeraga, Mar 19, 2019.

1. neeraga

neeraga New Member

I have been using Amember since last 8 years and I am still an active customer of Amember.

My team wants to integrate amember within our wordpress website. However, the integration will be a bit different.

We are planning to add few more things to the post which we want to make available only for the people who make the purchase.

So initially the paid content will be hidden but once the customer makes the purchase the content will unhide itself.

Is there someway that I can integrate Amember within by blog post so that I can show and hide the content based on whether the purchase is made or not?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. accularian

accularian Online Macintosh support — aMember Guru.

Caesar's tutorial at http://www.amember.com/docs/Show/Hide_Page_Content_Using_Shortcodes is excellent. Basically, you just add your content between shortcakes to either show it or hide it.

I have been playing with this on my site and have found a way to "tease content." When I create a post, the entire post shows up on my posts page for everyone regardless of membership level. When I click on the post title... to open it as a single post, I am required to sign in.

I had an idea which seems to work... if I allow the post to show up on the regular posts page but use the "More" feature of the WP posts system (which hides the rest of the post,) I can "tease" the reader into wanting more.

The idea was to get someone started reading the article and when they click "More." they are moved to the full post and are required to become a premium member. Seems to work? Any thoughts?