WordPress comments registration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by marysenatori, Feb 8, 2012.

1. marysenatori

marysenatori New Member

I want people to have to become a member/log in before they can comment on WordPress posts.

I've checked 'Users must be registered and logged in to comment" in WP Discussion Settings which is working fine. But when you try to log in to comment, you're sent to the WordPress log-in interface, not the aMember log-in/sign-up interface.

I've unchecked 'Anyone can register' in General Settings and members created in aMember are showing up properly in WordPress. I've configured WordPress in aMember (including keys).

What do I need to change? I'm using aMember 4.1.10 and WordPress 3.3.1. Thanks!!!
  2. marysenatori

marysenatori New Member

Update: It also looks like when someone is already logged in to aMember, that they're not showing as logged in to WordPress and therefore are not able to comment.

I'm not using amProtect as it seemed that the functionality it offers is included in aMember version 4. Is that right?

Thanks!
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Actualy this does not matter what login page user will use. If single login was configured and is working, user will be able to login into wordpress and will be logged in amember as well.
    In regards to single login, check security keys in your wordpress config. make sure that they are not set to default values, then set the same keys in amember CP -> Setup -> Wordpress ->
  4. marysenatori

marysenatori New Member

Thanks, Alexander. However the reverse does not seem to be true. When a visitor is logged into aMember, they're not logged in to WordPress. And so they can't comment. Unless they log in again to WordPress which is too clunky. I want the WordPress log-in to be managed by aMember and had understood this was possible. I had already set all the keys up in wp-config and in aMember admin and it makes no difference. Thanks again!
  5. marysenatori

marysenatori New Member

Someone here is suggesting a different WordPress plugin (I'm using the one that comes with v.4) or amProtect. Could the default plugin be the problem? Thanks!
  6. marysenatori

marysenatori New Member

It looks like amProtect is no longer available so I need another option for aMember to work properly with WordPress. Thanks!
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Single login between scripts should work by default, if it does not work for you, there is a problem with configuration. Contact me in helopdesk I will check what can be wrong.