wordpress/amember

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by soyoukan, Aug 21, 2015.

1. soyoukan

soyoukan New Member

everything was working fine, ALL set up and coordinated, wordpress and my site. I just spent 2 days doing word press pages etc. the only thing i did was remove the amember widget from the sidebar because i want the login box on the page under member services on the menu.

anyway, the problem...
    just tried to get onto my site admin FOR amember and it doesn't let me log in.. gives this:

ERROR: Sorry, there was an error. Please be sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled in your browser and try again.

the url bar says:

http://www.newlove4me.co.uk/membership/admin-auth/index

anyone tell me why? I have tried firefox and chrome, both give the same error.
  2. soyoukan

soyoukan New Member

seem to have sorted this myself, after searching for the error. came back to the plugin -
    WP-SpamFree Anti-Spam

which is broken, and stops everything!
  3. soyoukan

soyoukan New Member

so, in the event i cant delete the original message, i do have an unresolved problem with same combo.

it appears now that i cant login to the site created in word press, it doesn't give an error or do anything except blank the login boxes. I can create a new user from the link and although the recaptcha thing doesn't work, (see separate post, in the end i removed it within amember forms setup), it all works and the new user details are as entered. HOWEVER, the wordpress site seems to forget that this person is logged in, the login box appears, and menus set to only show to guests appear!!!

i dont have enough experience of this system to know where to start and im learning as i go.
  4. soyoukan

soyoukan New Member

update: changed the login arrangement (and theme) to buttons in a responsive theme top widget box, and using am-lite and php script in a text box, i get the right buttons displayed (login=login and register, or logout/account/profile)

however they revert to login/register when on any other menu item other then amember (wordpress) pages using the buttons!

have created a test user, name=test, pass=test123 www.newlove4me.co.uk, go look and tell me what is going on wth the buttons and how i can get them to work