Wordpress, aMember & MyBB Integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by jcwebdev, May 29, 2012.

1. jcwebdev

jcwebdev New Member

Hi folks,

I've purchased an aMember license and the myBB plugin. I'm trying to set my site up to allow guests to freely browse a few pages on the site, signup and purchase a digital product and then access the entire site (including the myBB-powered support forums) without having to logout and login continually.

I'm pretty close, but the only way I've been able to protect myBB was by protecting the folder it is installed in. Once a user is logged in, they can freely access the forum and this works perfectly.

However, if once logged into the Wordpress site the user is prompted for an aMember login when they try to access the forums.

How can I set the system up to be more seamless?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

First make sure that you use latest aMember version.
    Also have you installed/configured wordpress plugin in aMember? Have you tested single login between amember and wordpress?
  3. jcwebdev

jcwebdev New Member

I'm running the latest version of aMember, myBB and Wordpress.

I've setup the Wordpress plugin but there isn't much in the way of configuration. Nothing is working right now. I created an account for a user and while they can log into aMember, the forum cannot be accessed at all, no forum account is created and the 'protected' pages are not hidden in Wordpress.

More documentation is needed. There is absolutely nothing about setting up the myBB plugin and very little on Wordpress.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us in helpdesk with this issue and provide aMember CP login/password/url. I need to check configuration.
  5. jcwebdev

jcwebdev New Member

Done, thanks for the advice.